Heart Burn?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
Hi all, Ive had little or no heart burn all through my pregnancy until about 32 wks Id say....Its absolutely awful and is just like everything I eat or drink causes it! I have started taking those rennees and gives relief for a little while....But then its back but I nearly could get sick with it at times sorry tmi....Anybody any suggestions or is this it until babs comes???
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
Thank God I've never had it but I've heard Gaviscon is a lifesaver for some people. Hope it eases up for you soon. I hear it does when baby drops!
td4 Posts: 105
Zantac has been my lifesaver. Nothing was working and it was so bad was making me sick all the time & no sleep. No I take one when it starts at that's it get 12 hours relief from it amazing!
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
For alot of women, like me for example, my heartburn went away for a big chunk in the middle of the pregnancy but near the end it returned with avengence. I drank alot of water and dont believe the myth about drinking milk, its only a very quick fix then makes it worse. Hope it eases for you x
pinky winky Posts: 564
Store industrial sized bottles of gaviscon on your person at all times, the pink extra strong one is amazing. I only discovered the pink on the day before I went into labour... that still p*sses me off.
O thanks girls, will keep drinking water and will look into that zantac, sounds great! Baby has dropped for me bipsyboo but no luck with the heartburn following it :o0 Thanks girls :wv Pinky winky bottles of what???
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I was on Zantac for a week to see if it would help and it was fantastic - need to get another prescription for it because Gaviscon does feck all to help. You will have to get a prescription for Zantac - the hospital were reluctant to give it to me at first but eventually did so as you've so little time left you might be as well to look at Gaviscon and what you're eating - although even drinking water at this stage gives me heartburn...
O I didn't know you needed prescription for Zantac, will try keep going so with rennee and might try gaviscon too...thanks all
td4 Posts: 105
I got it over the counter in my local pharmacy, my cons told my husband to go in for it as they would be reluctant to sell it to me but he said its perfectly safe. I wouldn't have survived without it!
North Star Posts: 137
I am being killed with it in my last trimester. Gaviscon by the neck - i agree without whomever said you need to keep it on your person at all times :) and also chewing gum - a midwife recommended it to me and I find that it gives me some relief and allows me take a break from overdoing the Gaviscon.