Heartburn

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Does anyone know if there's a cure for this. Is it ok to drink peppermint? :wv
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Not sure Mrs... I know they say to avoid spicy foods and to eat little and often rather than the big 3 square meals a day, and to have head slightly more raised in bed. You're suffering from it already? I thought it was later in pregnancy.... I had a touch of it yesterday but not too bad. If I find anything else, I'll let you know. :wv
GotPreggers Posts: 988
I found the liquid Gaviscon the best relief for this, i suffered terrible, it used to keep me awake at night, so I'd take some before I went to bed. Also try drinking milk while you are eating your meal or at least water, coz that helps as well
Thanks Tig :thnk I've started getting it really bad this last week. On my way in to work this morning I was feeling really sick (hoping it's ms) but I was starving so wolfed down a sambo with hash browns :-8 and now I'm dying with heartburn. Serves me right - no more wolfing for me!! I have gaviscon here at work so I'll read the leaflet and see what it says, I might take that as a last resort.
Chocolate Posts: 231
I'll add my name to the list of those who recommend Gaviscon. It tastes absolutely VILE but it has worked wonders for my heartburn.
Thanks for the advice girls :thnk Going to knock back some gaviscon now. I'll let you know if it works :o0
Baby cakes Posts: 1237
I had shares in Gaviscon when I was pregnant also rennies, tums and peppermint. The one i found best though was bread soda and a tiny bit of water. Its vile, manky disgusting but its the best for heartburn.
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Yep I second the gaviscon too its manky but it works ! Clio be careful with the bread soda dont over do it with it as it can take the lining off your stomach and cause stomach ulcers - My father uses it for cleaning the tea pot just bread soda and warm water left over night and one sparkling clean shiny tea pot !!
I managed to survive the morning without anything, but I've just had my lunch and it's back again. I guess it's going to be one of those days. The problem with it is, I want to keep eating coz when I'm eating it keeps the burning away.
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Mrs Gobnaith dont do that use the gaviscon or something - I had to do that with my morning sickness, eating was the only thing that kept it at bay and now im up weight that I shouldnt be and trust me I feel the worst for it, and at your early stage it will start a trend that you will find hard to get out of for the rest of your pregnancy. Drink milk as a first choice and if that doesnt work then go for the gaviscon, try not to be eating to relieve it. HTH MrsNoc