Heavy bleeding in early pregnancy (TMI)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rosiemama Posts: 3363
Hi Girls yesterday i was sitting in bed and suddenly had this big gush, i actually thought i wet myself, but it was blood, and was so heavy. i went to hospital and had a scan and seen baby's heartbeat (i'm 10 weeks), and they also checked cervix was closed. the consultant was trying to reassure me that everything is ok, but i'm still bleeding today so quite worried. this is my second pregnancy, and my sister tells me that it is quite common for this to happen. just want to see if anyone else has experienced this, and if so how long the bleeding lasted and if everything is ok.. i didn't have this at all with DS so i'm terrified! Thanks..
OMG10 Posts: 165
Hi Rosie, I have no experience of this myself but just wanted to let you know that both my cousins (on their first baby) had extremely heavy bleeds, one with actual clots and both have healthy baby boys. I'll say a little prayer for you now, All I seem to be doing is praying :o0 :o0 , Mind yourself honey :xxx
babyforus Posts: 1619
Hi Rosie. I have no experience of this but I wanted to see if you are ok? It is good that you could go for a scan immediately. Was cervix closed and that? How do you feel now?
thanks girls.. i'm doing ok. off work today so just resting up and DH looking after me. yes cervix was closed and everything looked fine. don't know what caused the bleeding though. thanks for all your prayers :lvs
babyforus Posts: 1619
That's good you are off work. Feet up and take it easy if you can today.
becky09 Posts: 40
hi rosie mama, hope you are resting up and trying not to worry that much,which I'm sure is very difficult. My best Friend had this in her second pregnancy last year and it did last for over a week,,,(sorry if that scare's you) but everything turned out completely fine and she gave birth to a very healthy big baby. One Consultant did say that it may be that there was a second fetus at some stage that didn't develop and that may be the cause but they would never be certain. She did bleed heavily for a few days and then it eased off towards the end of the week. Hope this is of some reassurance to you. take care will be thinking of you and saying a prayer. Becky
thanks girls, it is reassuring. i am trying to keep positive about it. i still have MS so that is a good sign, although bleeding and cramps haven't gone away completely. why is pregnancy such a worrying time!