Hee hee, babs burped

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
Had a GP appointment this morning, and while we were listening to the heartbeat, there was this really weird sound. GP reckoned it was a little burp or "something like it". I couldn't stop laughing, she was trying to rub the thingy over my belly and my belly was going up and down. Like santa, "a bowlful of jelly". :-8 :o0 Anyway, babs is definitely taking after daddy so far! Oh, and she thinks I'm huge, so I'm either further gone that they thought.......or else I'm having a whopper! :eek :o0
ginger nut Posts: 5989
hi madgie - that is funny about baby burping. :o0 my poor husband is a bit miffed here wondering why i don't give him a big kiss and say "good boy" when he burps like i do with the baby :o0 :o0 about your size - my GP and my obstetrician (and just about everyone else) used to comment on the "fine bump" i had which always measured larger than my dates and i was expecting a huge baby....he was big (8lb 4oz) but not huge. everyone's bump is different so don't be worrying.
pluto Posts: 3893
Thanks ginger! I'd rather people were telling my I'm huge than telling me I'm tiny though, coz I'd be worried then. A friend of mine was worried sick (understandably) when everyone she met was like "god there's not a bit of you there", "you'd hardly know you were pregnant", and she was 30 weeks. She was so worried, that she said it to her consultant when she met him the next time. He measured and was able to calculate the baby's weight and everything was absolutely fine. It was just people's comments that caused her to worry unnecessarily. People should really think, but I suppose they reckon they're giving you a compliment!
sinion Posts: 6050
aww so cute!! :lvs