Hello from another newbie!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hi there.. I'm new to this TTC lark and just thought I'd say hi. I've been hovering for some time and used this website when I was planning our wedding. We've recently been talking about TTCing and are hoping to start in the next few months. Have to say though, it's all quite daunting. Did anyone else feel like this? It's so huge and I guess you never know when you're totally READY for it. As the name suggests.. I do LOVE my sleep and am dreading the lack of it :ooh ! Should I be going to my doctor before we start trying?? I've been trying to take all the right vitamins and stuff. I've just bought some OPKs online (someone recommended a website here.. thanks!). I've found the info so far here really really helpful. Easy to understand and digest. Best of luck to the rest of you and here's to taking the plunge! O-O
boobies Posts: 1625
Big Welcome Sleep Monster.... I have to say the lack of sleep thing is realing daunting to me also but I think you just learn to live with it and it does'nt mean you wont ever be able to lie in again it just means you wont be able to do it as often. I think its a good idea to get a check up before tcc just to check all your shots are up to date. Best of luck in tcc....
Hi Boobies, thanks for the welcome! It's very exciting most of the time and I know I'll cope with lack of sleep and I'm pretty sure that will be the least of my worries! I'm gonna make an appointment to see my doctor alright. I know I had Rubella injections as a teenager. Is there anything else you need? Congrats to you too! Hope you have a great pregnancy. :wv
boobies Posts: 1625
thanks sleep monster... I think if you just explain to your doctor that you are hoping to tcc soon he/she should be able to advise you as to what you need. You do need to start taking folic acid, this can be bought in the chemist. Dont forget we are always here if you have any questions!! :wv
Thanks again. I'll do that. I've been taking folic acid for some time now, so should be good to go - at least in that department!! "coming out" here is great actually, as it's like another tentative step towards starting! No doubt I'll have tons of questions for all you guys.
Angel2 Posts: 787
Welcome Sleep Monster, The very best of luck to you ttc. I hope it happens for you straight away. I'm sure the lack of sleep will all be worth it when your little one is snuggling into you. This site is just so fantastic for advice, support and also for when you're having really crappy days. There'll always be someone here to pick you back up and you'll always find that someone is in the same boat as you. :wv
NotHere Posts: 10273
Welcome and Good Luck!! :wv :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: