Menu

HELP ?B&BS&GUESTHOUSE INFO WITH INVITES!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

white wedding Posts: 59
Hi Ladies, Just got my invites-yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- and then my parents stated that i have to give additional information like other accommodation======my mother threw a fit and made me feel terrible, shes great but a stress head!!!! Can anyone give me some DIY ideas to put in the additional information (B&Bs/Guesthouses) in with the invites without them looking too tacky or full? Thanks.............. O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
Bride2be040812 Posts: 1182
Hi! Can you post a pic of the invites and then we can see? Mine are pocket fold so they just go in the bottom part of the invite.... But there are loads of cute things that you can do! Try not to stress about it.... It's only a little thing that's a nice touch for your guests rather than something that you should be stressing yourself over!
BestXmas Posts: 461
I think it's a good idea to put in the extra information if there's guests travelling from far away. I don't think it would have to be decorated, it would just be an extra piece of paper to put in with the invite?
OrTees Posts: 907
I got good quality A4 paper in Easons that co-ordinated with my invites and printed up an info sheet the same size as the invites (3 to a page), cut them out and inserted each as a loose sheet in with each invite - it included directions to the church and venue, details on the venue and alternative accommodation options.
juno28 Posts: 330
A friend of mine got married recently and just had the accommodation/directions on a a5 page folded up inside in the invite. cheap to do and didnt take away from the look of the invite in my opinion.
Bride2be040812 Posts: 1182
[quote="OrTees":1v8di6xh]I got good quality A4 paper in Easons that co-ordinated with my invites and printed up an info sheet the same size as the invites (3 to a page), cut them out and inserted each as a loose sheet in with each invite - it included directions to the church and venue, details on the venue and alternative accommodation options.[/quote:1v8di6xh] +1 That sounds lovely. I am just printing some matching swirls on the accommodation list and then going to put on some coordinating ribbon and pearl effect that is on the invitations. I was also thinking about a lace trim or something on the top of them. I would just keep it simple and have them match your invitations.
spaced2012 Posts: 275
I am going to have a lot of info on an 'other information' card. they are fairly standard so don't be stressing if they don't match perfectly. give us an idea of the invites you have... i'm doing diy pocketfold like siobhan so its easy to pop a card in. and unexpectedly our venue sent us a really nice personalised hotel information card (on word doc) with local B&Bs, map, taxis and contact no's for us to print and use if we wanted. not sure if we'll use it but it is lovely and includes gps co-ordinates so might stick them on ours!
puddin2 Posts: 1093
[quote="a4d2012":gjnvor7b]A friend of mine got married recently and just had the accommodation/directions on a a5 page folded up inside in the invite. cheap to do and didnt take away from the look of the invite in my opinion.[/quote:gjnvor7b] This is what I did. People found the info useful but the fact that they were just done on normal white paper never came up. I did up a wedding website on mywedding.com and put up a lot more detail there. Defo nothing major so no need to stress!
white wedding Posts: 59
Thanks everyone, I might go into stationery shop, and ask them if they have anything there? My invites are black and white with bits of purple hearts around the front, inside is black writing with our names being purple. I am not the best on computer so do i just do free hand? :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:
spaced2012 Posts: 275
no I wouldn't go freehand. try get help if needed and maybe use one of the templates on diy weddings that suit the type/shape of invite you have [url:g60yx9jx]http://www.diywedding.ie/candypress/scripts/openExtra.asp?extra=10[/url:g60yx9jx] you could use black card with white paper with info stuck onto it or just plain white card... both would match.