HELP : black tie wedding. what to wear? 20 weeks pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mammypig Posts: 832
girls, just found out a wedding i have in 4 weeks is black tie. had a black dress that i thought i'd wear but isn't dressy enough for black tie. have no idea what to get now or where to go. anyone seen anything nice lately? i will be almost 20 weeks gone by then and judging on how big i've gotten so far i think i'll defo need a maternity dress (not just a size bigger in a normal dress iykwim!)
fraggle rocker Posts: 1426
Would you not wear your black dress and sparkle it up with a fancy wrap or a classy brooch, jewerally etc? I found at the last two black ties I was at, there was a lot of mixed some over the top and some just normal. I am the same I have close family wedding when I will be 35wks, dreading looking for a dress.
mummytime Posts: 3149
I had a black tie ball last week and got a dress in Formes on South Anne St in Dublin. It was black with purple chiffon and I was delighted with it. they also have loads of dresses in Nelo Maternity Hope you find something.. mc
holly5 Posts: 4
Hi there! I got a beautiful dress at eloramaternity.com. They have beautiful evening gowns and dresses for weddings. Perfect for black tie. Good luck and enjoy the wedding! :lvs