HELP - blood TMI

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Midlands Mum Posts: 871
Girls I just went to the loo and when i wiped there was a tinge of a brown bloody discharge on the tissue. Im really worried because since thurs when i got that bloody tooth pulled ive been taking panadol every 6hrs (this is the most tablets ive ever taken) was at doc on call this evening because of the pain in my jaw and she gave me amoxcillyn (sp) now im really worried that ive damaged the baby. ive no cramps. Should i just wait and see if theres anymore or if it gets brighter. Dear God, i dont think i could handle it if anything went wrong :o( :o( :o(
Mrs Febbride Posts: 1234
Mummyo6 I didnt want to read and not reply...I dont know much about this but I will google now and see what come up. try and not to worry I am sure everything will be fine, you are at a good stage in pregnancy. It could just be spot bleeding :thnk
Mrs Febbride Posts: 1234
Question: Is Panadol safe to take during pregnancy ie for toothache or headache? Answer: Paracetamol (PanadolĀ®) is safe to take in the recommended doses while you are pregnant. The recommended dose of paracetamol for pain relief is one to two 500 mg tablets every three to four hours, with a maximum of eight tablets in 24 hours. Paracetamol is classed as a category A medication in pregnancy. Category A medications are those which have been taken by a large number of pregnant women or women of childbearing age without an increased frequency of malformations or other harmful effects on the developing baby having been observed. Therefore if a medication is needed to provide pain relief during pregnancy, paracetamol is a suitable choice. I hope this is of help :thnk
Midlands Mum Posts: 871
thank you so much, ive been looking it up but its reassuring when someone else agrees with you. Ive had a previous MC at 11wks so its very frightening. Ive just checked again and nothing so please god its nothing to worry about. thanks again.
agie Posts: 1107
mummy 06 i wouldnt be too concerned about the brownish discharge - its usually a sign of old blood and as long as you dont have cramps you should be fine. as for those antibiotics - ive been on them for uti etc they dont cross the placenta and are safe to take. im currently taking paracetamol for a bad head cold (god i sound like a junkie but they are the only 2 things ive taken throughout the pregnancy!) But neither will harm the baby, id say its just a conicidence
Dootsay Posts: 958
Mummy06 Hope things are OK with you now? you poor thing, you've been through the wars with your tooth and the awful pain. I was checking a website called safefetus and was checking the antibiotic pencillin/amoycillin and apparently they are pretty safe to take during pg, I have heard of mums to be taking it before too, so please try not to worry and relax if you can at all. Keep a watch on your discharge and if there are any changes or pains I would ring your doc again. Hope you're doing OK *)