Help!!bridemaid dress for sister with a scar on chest!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

loueey Posts: 33
Hi all In a bit of a muddle. I have 3 bridemaids and one has a scar on her chest so she can only wear high neck dresses. I have been searching endlessly and there are only handful of highneck bridesmaids dresses available as far as I can see. My wedding is in just over 4 months so running out of time and startin to panic. Found a really nice dress by Lela Rose (LR 100) on the dessy website but noone seems to stock them in Ireland. Really dont know what to do. Dont want to make a big deal out of it too her as she is already conscious enough. Have any of ye had a similar prob or came across a designer who has some high neck designs? Would really appreciate ur help:(
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Where is the scar on her chest? Would it be possible to buy a regular bridesmaids dress and have it altered to hide the scar, maybe by lengthening the bodice or something so that it comes up higher on her? I don't really have any other advice, just try not to panic, you'll find something or some way around this...perhaps you could try fake tan or body make up to disguise the scar? Or maybe....I don't want to be insensitive here...would your bridesmaid be comfortable just like ignoring the scar? She obviously went through a trauma or operation or injury or something and it's a mark of her battle against that, so maybe she'd be proud to display her scar? Perhaps not though, it's a very personal choice - maybe you could ask her about it in private, tell her you don't want to make her self concious but what would she prefer to do? Alternatively most photographers offer an airbrushing/photoshop service where they can blank out the scar in the photos, if your bridesmaid is happy enough to show her scar but would prefer not to have it visible in photos. Don't worry it'll sort itself out, good luck to you both!
RuthLawlorMakeUp Posts: 89
Depending on the size of the scar and how deep the colour is...you could definitely cover it on the wedding day, you might have to get up half an hour earlier as it might take a while though!....theres a couple of great brands out there for covering scars and tattoos etc. Not sure if thats an option you want to take depending on how she feels etc....
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
I know mines a different problem but my sister is one of my bridesmaids and she has two huge tattoos on her chest ,( and when I say huge I mean it!!! )and on her arms, I got normal dresses for all of them and a bolero for my sis to cover tattoos, shes cbm so we thought is looked ok for her to look a little different on the day, could this work for you?
discoball Posts: 62
Could you buy strapless and get a dress maker to put chiffon in the same colour coming from the original line of the dress to make a halter neck? I'm probably not describing it very well. :-8 Something like this.. [img:3flbocdm]http://i42.tinypic.com/331krqq.jpg[/img:3flbocdm] This dress is from Bari jay.
stephyb Posts: 1439
this is one of the dresses i might pick [img:39787vi9]http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/26/10/bf6c_1.JPG[/img:39787vi9] its an eddressit number
newyear09wife Posts: 899
does your bm particularly want her scar to be covered? I have a very long narrow scar which can be raised and angry looking at time from my navel to my hollow (the cleft over your breast one) from a surgey 8 yrs ago and i am not planning to cover it eitehr as a bride ny09 or bm may10 if she wants it covered then go with something like the dress that has chiffon from the cleavage up or try one of the bridaldress places in america for the dessy dress you like.
Galaxies Posts: 122
Make up forever do great body makeup to cover up scars etc- (Ive got a black tattoo that Ive to cover up)
little miss giggles Posts: 672
I just ordered the most beautiful dresses for my bridesmaids. they are on dessy site no 6548. I got mine in Cork if you need any details pm me. Good luck.
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Where exactly is the scar on her chest? A good make up artist will be able to do a job on it to make it less noticeable. I have quite a big scar on my upper left arm from being bitten by a dog and it's a lot less noticeable with fake tan on but I'm going to get my make up artist to do a little job on it aswell on the morning of the wedding.