Help, excuses needed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
Girls, I have to pull a sickie Thurs and Fri this week, cos I have very few hols left and need them all for the honeymoon and wedding stuff. Anyhow have a wedding down the country on Fri, getting tan done this evening and can't come into work looking like an Ooompa Loompa tomorrow and then pull a sickie on Fri would look too suss IYKWIM. Will get H2B to ring in in the morning - any suggestions without the usual "stomach bug" Posted in AF aswell, but then thought there might be more response here. Thanks in advance girls
meowwww Posts: 295
24 hour bug runs flu like syptoms sinus kidney infection
clucky Posts: 26471
sprained wrist (wear a bandage on monday on the hand you dont write with) womens problems allergic reaction to something has left you violently ill laryngitis food poisoning (always a good un)
[quote="meowwww":1qhrqoac] kidney infection[/quote:1qhrqoac] oooh never used that one before, actually never had a kidney infection - touch wood.
McDanny Posts: 1435
Kidney infection sounds good. You can always say you felt it coming on for a few days but decided to struggle along with it cause you didn't want to ring in sick.
Cailin deas Posts: 765
Hard to know - maybe you could go home sick this evening? start complaining this morning and dont talk to anyone then in the afternoon just get up from your desk and "run" to the bathroom - splash water on your face, try and cry aswell. then go back to your desk the long way - making sure that everyone sees you. after about half an hour just go up to the boss and ask him/her if its ok if you go home that you havent been well all day but you thought that you could "last" the day, then you ring in the morning and say you wont be in until monday. Always looks better if you ring in yourself - even if you are "dying". Good luck :o0
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
Yep, whatever you do make sure you ring in yourself. When anyone has their parent or partner ring into me, I always ask to talk to them (unless they are barfing down the toilet, lost their voice or in hospital) I never buy the 24 hour bug thing (used it myself!). Kidney infection is a good one...
drink some warm water with salt in it then go up and barf on your bosses desk >:o)
[quote="Clucky":aericos6]drink some warm water with salt in it then go up and barf on your bosses desk >:o)[/quote:aericos6] Would you believe I actually considered this one, cause you can't deny it if you actually puke! >:o)
[quote="[email protected]":ezcitwyb][quote="Clucky":ezcitwyb]drink some warm water with salt in it then go up and barf on your bosses desk >:o)[/quote:ezcitwyb] Would you believe I actually considered this one, cause you can't deny it if you actually puke! >:o)[/quote:ezcitwyb] exactly it always worked in school >:o) its foolproof