Help for invite wording

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lothuial Posts: 105
Hi Girlies (and token male), Just wondering if I could have some suggestions for the wording on my invites, We are only having immediate family at the wedding (reg office) then later on im having a party and will be inviting extended family and friends etc I wondering how to word the invite so they know we are not having a traditional reception - I dont want everyone thinking they were excluded from a reception and are just getting an evening invite. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :wv
NowGone Posts: 8042
Could you do something less formal like: Dear guest, Lothial and Mr. Lothial are marrying in a private ceremony on (day). We would be delighted if you join us in celebrating our marraige at (loation) and (time). We hope to see you then!
Thanks Nozilla, Yes something informal like that is exactly what i want. Keep the suggestions coming, the more I have to choose from the better :thnk
I wouildn't worry about it - I've been to wedding receptions like yours!
Bump any suggestions appreciated :wv
Betsy May Posts: 2168
I think Nozilla's is on the money - we're marrying at a private ceremony and would be delighted if you would join us afterwards at X to celebrate.
Yes Thanks, I thought Nozillas suggestion was great but I was wondering if saying "private" ceremony might make people feel they were purposely excluded - maybe im just being silly!
Betsy May Posts: 2168
No, I would surprised if people take it like that. Remember these are supposed to be your friends and family so they'll either know what's going on or at the very least understand. If you're worried be more specific in the wording "We would be delighted if you would join us after the ceremony for a reception and wedding breakfast to celebrate our marriage." Then they can be in no doubt.
You could try "immedediate family" instead?
Betsy May & Nozilla, thats great thanks for your help - I was just stressing over nothing really its true that everyone will know the story with the party! and am going to use your suggstion nozilla - :thnk