Help _ I'm a blubber!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dhidra Posts: 3147
Went to a wedding ceremony today (parents and sis were going to whole day so i popped along to the church) and i found myslef crying as the bride came up the aisle. I don't even know them that well! It was all just so lovely! How am i ever going to compose myslef at my own wedding? help!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
aw bless you thats sweet! I can understand, its lovely to see a bride walking up the isle. Also as your day is not too far off that probably had you a bit more weepy :lvs
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
I always cry at weddings so I am dreading the though of crying as I go down the aisle. Hopefully I can overcome it. Love seeing happy couples. *) :lvs
ditzypixie Posts: 1397
I will be most likely a snivelling wreck going up the aisle so I am playing my entrance song constantly to absolutely destroy it for myself. Currently I mist up listening to it. Chances are i will still lose the run of myself, but thats what veils are for!
augbh Posts: 169
I've never tried it, but I read somewhere on this site, that if you press your tongue to the top of your mouth, it staves off tears. I dunno about you, but it's worth a try!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
i posted this somewhere else in reply to a similar post. i'm a terror for crying (weddings have me in bits but i've also been known to cry singing Happy Birthday :-8 , singing christmas carols :-8 :-8 and even watching cartoons:-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 coming up to our wedding i was a disaster - couldn't write my speech as i kept crying, would well up any time i heard any of our wedding music, couldn't speak when i brought the photographer to the church to discuss photos etc for fear of crying, seeing the order of service had me in bits etc etc.....On the day though i was just so happy that walking down the aisle I just had the HUGEST grin on my face and there was no tears....the adrenaline must do something to the tear ducts and keep the crying under control. So seriously, relax and look forward to that wonderful moment when you walk up the aisle to your nervous but excited h2b
brideeee Posts: 1490
It's so much easier on your own day, I always blub at other ppls weddings, but i didn't shed one tear at my own, The happiest day of my life, all the best xx brideeeee
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="Ginger Nut":1zegs2vp]On the day though i was just so happy that walking down the aisle I just had the HUGEST grin on my face and there was no tears....the adrenaline must do something to the tear ducts and keep the crying under control. So seriously, relax and look forward to that wonderful moment when you walk up the aisle to your nervous but excited h2b[/quote:1zegs2vp] :xxx Ah thanks for that Ginger Nut, cheered me up thinking I'll hopefully be smiling from ear to ear instead of bawling crying (with happiness) walking down the aisle. *) *) H2b will be stunned if I don't cry, he is really waiting for it. :o0 :o0
Pheebs Posts: 1102
I did cry at my own wedding while still grinning ear to ear. It wasn’t a problem though, my make-up stayed put (magic stuff!) and I had the guys leave tissues at the top of the church for me so it was all ok. It just felt so special to me to be marrying hubby that I was emotional. Everyone commented on how sweet it was actually.
Roz Posts: 588
Myself & H2B had a little cry last night (happy tears) over our wedding. We both got so excited about it we couldnt help ourselves :xox If we are like this a year away from the wedding god help us nearer the date - i do hope the adrenaline stops me from crying :-8