Help! Looking for a different beachy venue in wexford

Go to Vendors & Suppliers

Jessilein
New Wolly

Help! Looking for a different beachy venue in wexford

Postby Jessilein » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi all.
I've just looked into the legal stuff and I'm disappointed I can't get married in the surf shack in Co. Wexford
Had my heart set on it.
So I'm asking you lovely lot to help find me a different type of venue for up to 40 ppl. I'd love a surf vibe or a beach one as we met in Australia.
All I can find is hotels.
We're planning on a civil ceremony so there aren't many. I'd be willing to travel to a surf spot if it's worth it. Thank you.

lorrimar
Princess Wolly

Re: Help! Looking for a different beachy venue in wexford

Postby lorrimar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Would you consider a humanist ceremony? I'm not 100% sure but they may be more flexible on the location of the ceremony.

Jessilein
New Wolly

Postby Jessilein » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:00 pm

What is that?
Never heard of it but I'll definitely look into that. Thank you. X

lorrimar
Princess Wolly

Postby lorrimar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Its similar to a civil ceremony but you can arrange your own celebrant it's not a HSE registrar that does the ceremony. Have a look at the website

http://humanism.ie/ceremonies-2/

denlo
WOL Network

Postby denlo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:53 am

Not sure what the Surf Shack is, but from a legal standpoint AFAIK, you can't get married on a beach in Ireland. The ceremony must take place in a structure that is open to the public. A beach is not considered a structure.
One Wedding - Two Photographers
www.denlo.ie 086 259 2381 [email protected]o.ie

20thMay2017
Mini Wolly

Postby 20thMay2017 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:57 am

I didn't think that it needed to be inside any more, I thought that as long as it was open to public then that was all that is needed?

On Silver Pond inline
PMcBP
New Wolly

Postby PMcBP » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Would you consider doing the legal part in a registry office and having a symbolic ceremony at your venue of choice.
We're getting married abroad and for easiness we are doing that. They symbolic can be exactly how we want it and the celebrant can be whoever we want. We see the legal wedding as just the signing of the forms and our real wedding to be the ceremony at the venue.

Jessilein
New Wolly

Postby Jessilein » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Thank you all.
Either way it has to be somewhere with an actual address. But yes we might just do the registry office first. Would you know how I'd go about just a ceremony without the legal bit.
That might work st our dream location. Thank you x

PMcBP
New Wolly

Postby PMcBP » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:00 pm

Our wedding planner is going to be the 'celebrant' and he's got a template he uses that we can edit and add readings etc. He will be setting up the venue with chairs and decorating.
Without a planner I'd say you'll have to DIY and set up the day before, depending on the venue and what you can agree with the owners.
If you had a friend or family member who is a good public speaker they could prob do the actual ceremony?

Go to Vendors & Suppliers

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T