Help - make up artist leinster

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Flips Posts: 15
Hi folks, I'm having a bit of trouble sourcing a Make Up Artist for my wedding next year :eek So far, I've contacted Alyson Smith, Ailbhe Lynch, Kate Rose Crean and Yvonne Maher but none are available O:| Just wondering if any you have any recommendations for others in the Leinster area?
KarBW Posts: 52
Hi Flips, Sorry to hear you are having trouble sourcing a make up artist. I am getting married in December and only recently booked mine. I went for a make over in the Inglot Pro Store on St Anne Street in Dublin and the girls there all do weddings on the side. Got a great deal from a lovely girl. I adored my make up she did that day. I felt she really "got me"!! I am getting married outside of Dublin and it was no problem for her to travel to the venue. My sister got married in July. She had booked a make up artist but hated her make up at the trial, so pretty much last minute she booked Valarie from the Powder Room girls. The make up she did was FAB! Best of luck x
Thanks for the advice KarBW, hopefully I can get sorted. I thought I had plenty of time :)
jemd Posts: 119
Clare hogan is who Getting and she is amazing, she has done my make up before and she was the first thing I booked after getting out venue sorted, def look her up xx
Thanks jemd I'll give her a shout too!
MsD2B Posts: 96
Check out Rebecca O'Sullivan in Newbridge. Fabulous Make up Artist.. just used her recently.. and without doubt it was one of the nicest make up looks i have ever had, and it lasted all day and night.
DeeAM Posts: 19
I have Laura Kinney booked for mine. She did the make-up for my sister's wedding five years ago and I immediately approached her for mine. Had my trial already and delighted with the look. She's a lovely girl and I am looking forward to having her in the house that morning. She's based in west Dublin buy will travel. Reasonable prices.
mrsmtobe2915 Posts: 35
I feel your pain, I'm still trying to source one myself, I've tried all the artists you have and also not available. I also contacted Kate McCormack from Carlow, reasonable quote but she's not taking bookings for 2015 until next month, one other lady has enquired about my date but fingers crossed! :-)
Laineyb01 Posts: 60
I'm getting Laura Kay, she based in Clonmel so depending where exactly in leinster. She works with powder room girls. Did 2 friends make up and loved it so just booked her on that work.
Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. I'll email all those and see who's available. So annoyed at myself for not looking into this sooner. The hair stylist I wanted is also gone O:| Oh well lesson learned I guess :)