Help Me accessorise! Is this too much?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

craigsmrs Posts: 341
Girls, help me! I originally was getting a blingy belt to go with my otherwise plain-ish dress, plain being no bling at all. Anyway, Ive decided to splurge & buy acacia ii headpiece with acacia i bracelet. Do you think it will look ok?! Would a belt with the acacia pieces be too much ? Should I have no belt & the bling be the headpiece & bracelet? These are them! All opinions welcome! Having my hair similar to this pic too & its the same headpiece, took this pic from google images! [img:2x823tu6]http://static.preloved.co.uk/uploads/userphotos/10/0222/1820877-269m.jpg[/img:2x823tu6] This is the bracelet [img:2x823tu6]http://image.buyma.com/imgdata/item/111219/0006431595/428_4.jpg[/img:2x823tu6] And finally my dress! [img:2x823tu6]http://www.mariamodes.com/bridalgowns/pronovias/2011/pronovias-almudena.jpg[/img:2x823tu6]
Littlebo Posts: 2598
HI Craigsmrs, The headpiece is magnificent and I love the dress also. Love the whole look to be honest. I wouldn't also introduce such a statement bracelet as well though. Your hairpiece is the focal point along with you and the dress. The bracelet would just be drawing the eye to too many places and distracting from the main menu...i.e YOU! Your dress is not plain at all, it's classy and very gorgeous and there is enough going on there. Are you wearing a veil?
Crystal Gal Posts: 464
I agree with littlebo, the head piece is plenty with the dress that kind of bracelet might be too much and your dress is gorgeous by the way :)
[quote="Littlebo":9vf91k7m]Are you wearing a veil?[/quote:9vf91k7m] Yeah, I was going to for the church. Thank you both, think maybe youre right, but im lost as to earrings, jewellery etc. whst should I wear? I havent a clue about these types of things.. Im usually a €3 in penneys type of girl ! :-8
Lindy79 Posts: 460
I'm kind of in the same boat and I agree with the others about the bracelet. I think the veil and headpiece along are such statement pieces they are gorgeous enough. Mine are very similar and I am wearing small droplet earrings and a small bracelet and thats it. I kind of thought that with the veil and the headpiece, I would prefer a bare neck with my dress, especially with longer earrings...don't know if that helps you or not?
tooyay Posts: 299
wear the braclet on the opposite hand to the side of the head piece and u will be fine! Love your dress!
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
I have to disagree with the others here... if it were me I would get the blingy belt and the headpiece but I'd probably give the bracelet a miss then. I love when bride's customise their dresses to suit themselves. Plus I'm a TOTAL magpie. Fab dress either way tho.
[quote="peacockgirl":2y9lw1ex]I have to disagree with the others here... if it were me I would get the blingy belt and the headpiece but I'd probably give the bracelet a miss then. I love when bride's customise their dresses to suit themselves. Plus I'm a TOTAL magpie. Fab dress either way tho.[/quote:2y9lw1ex] Ohh im so confused, ahhhhhhhhhhh! I wouldnt have worn all 3, just the bracelet & headpiece r headpiece alone. Id have to get a different headpiece to go with the belt, so the belt would rule the acacia head piece out :( oh decisions
BURKEBABYWISHES Posts: 263
Dress is gorgeous... i would go with the head piece only though.. the bracelet might take away from the classiness of the dress ..
Nonah Posts: 102
If you want a male opinion: a belt would cheapen the look of what's currently a very classy dress and the bracelet looks really tacky tbh. Go with just the headpiece and the dress.