Menu

Help me accessorise this dress please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CestMoi Posts: 2162
Hi Ladies, I just got this dress for a wedding in September. I can return it but after trying on about 10 dresses today I grabbed this one! Its just very blue which makes it kinda dull or plain or something. I don't really know what to put with it? Would I put a cardigan / bolero type thing? Does it need a necklace or not? Navy shoes ok? It has a nice sparkly embroidered thing on the top part of the dress, which makes it a bit less plain. DH says it is nice, so I trust him not to lie to me, but he said its very blue which I take he means is a bit plain. Anyone think it isn't nice enough for a wedding? Thanks! (oh no I can't upload pics from my hard drive, can anyone help?)
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
Hey Cest Moi, when you are editing your original post scroll down and you will see an "upload attachment" tab. Click on that then "choose file" then "add the file" then tick "place in-line" HTH
Thanks Miss Fahrenheit, I was trying that earlier but it didn't give the error about the file being too big. Got it now! It looks a bit creased, but I'll have to iron it.
ianstuart Posts: 1947
Love the dress , it will be lovely for a wedding. If you were feeling brave you could put cerise pink shoes , bolero/ shawl , hat / feather thing (cant remember the name )and some nice fancy pink earring. I always think blue and pink go well together.
Love the dress , it will be lovely for a wedding. If you were feeling brave you could put cerise pink shoes , bolero/ shawl , hat / feather thing (cant remember the name )and some nice fancy pink earring. I always think blue and pink go well together.
sorry about the double post , thats what i get for posting and watching tv O:|
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Oooohhh love the cerise pink idea!! Lovely dress :wv
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
Dress is lovely. I don't think it's plain at all. Have to laugh at your OH saying that it's very blue...it is a blue dress after all! Love the pink idea, sliver shoes and accessories would work too I think.
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't wear pink with it at all. I'd be afraid it would cheapen the look of the dress. :-8 I'd also avoid silver as it might look too cold/wintery for this time of year. If you could get the same colour shoes as the dress, that would be fab with a sparkly clutch. Otherwize a dressy tan sandal with matching clutch (might pick up something in the sales), or nude or black. Black can look really good with this shade of blue. Good luck shopping!!
Thanks, I'm not brave enough to put pink with it. I have black shoes but I don't think they go with it. I'll put tan on my legs and see do they work with or not. Going to have a look out for bolero's now and a sparkly bag.