Help me bring my boots back to life

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Twirl Posts: 5598
I have a fab pair of grey boots that have got a bit worn lately from, well probably over wearing them. I love them to bits and i just cannot throw them out some im wondering does anyone know if you can get a grey polish or is there something that can bring them back to life?
LittleLily Posts: 3682
I'd say its possible to get grey polish all right. Try a clarks shop or old-man shoe shop.
Ah thanks for that littleLily, i will look around for that old man shoe shop. There used to be one near me about 15 years ago before it was knocked down for appartments :o0 I actually have a good bit of polish to get, its time to start looking after my boots and shoes. :wv
winklefairy Posts: 907
I used to work in Barratts many moons ago and they used to have creams in loads of different colours for leather. We were supposed to tell everyone who bought a pair of leather shoes that they reeeeeeaaallly needed to buy it! :-8 Anyway, not sure if they work or not but worth a go!
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
I treated my beloved knee highs to a scrub with saddle soap (you can get it in an equestrian shop or DIY place I think) followed by a good dousing with a leather treatment oil that smells of beeswax (for saddles as well) . They've got a new lease of life!
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
You'd probably get that kind of polish somewhere that sells Clarkes Shoes..
katiemomma Posts: 2690
You can get neutral polish now. think its clear or looks beige but comes our clear and glosses them up. Other than that I can reccomend a girl who revamps old shoes/high heels and makes them new and stylish. indigo moon jewellery she is on facebook and used to be on here.
Ladies thanks a mill for all the suggestions. I am shocking lazy and really need to invest in polish other than black. I have brown boots coming out my ears and they are crying out for a polish. I will definitely invest this weekend. Thanks Kateimomma for that suggestion. I just want them back the way they were, they are a little scuffed from driving in them, i might have a look at that girls page if i have no look with the polish. :thnk
Littlebo Posts: 2598
HI Twirl, There is indeed. I got mine in Graham shoes in Kilkenny but I know they have several shops around the country. Dublin, Kildare, clonmel and I think Carlow. If you having problems PM and I will get you some. Love me boots!