help me find my sis a prom dress!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blackroses Posts: 417
she is a size 18 (& totally a different shape from me or our mam). she is heaviest in the tummy area. can anybody recommend a style of dress that would suit her, would like to cover her shoulders maybe as this seems to make her look similar. want her to look & feel fab. she is trying to loose weight & going to the gym regularly. thanks girls.
gottabfp Posts: 5641
the best thing to do is go into a shop and try on different dresses. im about the same size and i had a halter neck.... took the look of the arms, but everyone is different. im quite tall.
KimFox Posts: 40
go shopping with her and try loads on and compliment her loads so she feels good and wants to try on more. Surely all the debs shops have things that suit all sizes, id hope so!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
where are you based? i highly recommend balbriggan bridal for a great selection of sizes and the women are lovely.
v hard to find dresses to suit all are strapless
JellySnakes Posts: 2201
hi i found this website that sells bm and debs dresses. .I am hoping to get my bm dresses from them.They are based in Cahir,co Tipp, dresses go up to size 22 and are all under €150. heres 2 with straps..[attachment=1:1w00rj7z]debs dress2.jpg[/attachment:1w00rj7z][attachment=0:1w00rj7z]debs dress.jpg[/attachment:1w00rj7z]
thanks will look them up
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
oh the second dress there is gorgeous jhonny5 and i think it would be lovely in size 18 it wouldnt cling to the shape so muh i thinkit could be very flattering
JustBecause Posts: 3242
How about looking for something with boning or a corset that will pull her in around the middle?