help me lose weight please??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

august belle Posts: 91
Please help, i'm getting married next august and would like to lose 2 stone before the wedding. has anyone any good ways of losing weight?? i'm dying to start looking at dresses but would really love to lose a bit of weight first.
mad woman Posts: 22106
go to Weighwatchers, its the best and most sensible option!
May09Bride Posts: 1050
I joined Weight Watchers too with 2 stone to loose, its hard but I have lost half a stone and if I keep loosing 2lbs a week I will surely get into a dress. You can do it :o)ll :o)ll we can do it together
platinum Posts: 53
I am in Weight Watchers as well and it does work if you do it right but I also find not eating after my dinner in the evening works! It makes a huge difference when you are trying on your dress to have the weight off because different styles can suit you!
i was in weight watchers for a while but found it if i had a bad week i put back on all the weight i lost!! i love eating at night thats my biggest problem.
traccy Posts: 124
For something different you could try www.sparkpeople.com This site was a great help to me when I started to loose weight. It help track food, goals, motivates and is a step by step approach to chaning habits. Through this, I really learned the value of healthy food and exercise. It is very American but they know how to motivate! :wv [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:273rd57p]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;8;6/st/20080404/e/until+the+Big+Day/dt/5/k/3a39/event.png[/img:273rd57p] [/url]
I love to eat something sweet after my dinner, my leader suggested getting those fun size bars and allowing myself a treat when I wanted one. Counting them into my daily points every day, I must say it makes me feel like I am not depriving myself of something and some nights I dont fancy them at all!! WW seems the best way to loose weight, I tried on some dresses at the weekend and it is the best incentive (sp) to keep loosing!! Keep with it, the first few weeks are the worst
maybe i should go dress shopping soon and it might give me a push to start losing weight and will probably go back to weight watchers too it'll all be worth it to be a size 10 on my wedding day (now i'm dreaming)
Seriously, it did me the world of good to try on some stuff, when I realised there were nicer dresses I wanted to try on but they didnt have them in my size (sz 16 is hardly obese).. Lady in shop was very nice, said some girls were just too skinny and a woman needs curves to show off a good dress. I would be happy if a size 12/14 went on me!!
brokefromsavingforthewedding Posts: 64
Hey shell.oconnor, like you I'm getting married next Aug! But unlike you I have about 3.5 stone to lose! After trying for weeks on my own to lose weight - which wasn't happening, I joined unislim last week and in my first week lost 4lb.... you just have to find out what works for you! For me the points system works, why not give it a try.... Best of luck!