Help me name our House

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marianf Posts: 5845
We have just built a new house down the country which we need to name or we will never be found. :o0 Its a very unusual shape and very contemporary. As it is the the rest our address would have to be spelt if you were giving it to anyone, we would like something easy to spell, doesn't sound like another place and suits the look of the house. Any suggestions very very appreciated. Go on........have some fun!
trance Posts: 3129
Hi marianf, my dad put my mums maiden name and his surname together, not double barrelled now the first half of each name and it worked really well, but of course that depends on your surnames! Wouldn't work for me & my hubby. There's always 'Dunroamin' :o0
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
Do you overlook anything or live near anything. Aw I often saw good funny ones but can't for the life of me remember any of them now...
[quote="trance":1fj0ya29]Hi marianf, my dad put my mums maiden name and his surname together, not double barrelled now the first half of each name and it worked really well, but of course that depends on your surnames! :o0[/quote:1fj0ya29] The thought of it is too funny for words. We'd probably end up with something you had to spell anyway O:| Its a country location. Lovely views, lots of fields, trees and animals maybe...........Old MacDonalds :o0
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
big blue
[quote="AnthonyHutton":gxweusxr]big blue[/quote:gxweusxr] Great idea O-O
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
As del boy would say how about "Mange Tout"
[quote="missi moo moo":1u9oxh9a]As del boy would say how about "Mange Tout"[/quote:1u9oxh9a] I think you would have to spell that too but I like it :o0 And maybe I could grow some in the garden
mummyinlove10 Posts: 908
few names on this might work
serenity Posts: 3675
I have a friend whose parents named the house after the 2 girls... Sandra and Isabella and they called is Sanabella.... I think it's lovely - but again you would probably have to spell it...!!!