Help me think of a first wedding anniversary present for DH

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LullaBelle11 Posts: 1159
Hi girls, Our first anniversary is coming up and I am stuck for ideas on what to get DH as a present! Does anyone have any ideas? :thnk
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
heya, ur first wedding anniversary, is Paper, i bought my DH a lovely book, all about Irish Rugby, as thats what he likes :lvs then we both went for dinner,where we had our wedding. and had some nice champers when we got home.. wud you get him a nice gift of getting a massage or maybe both of u go to a spa for the day Congrats btw :wv
mkb Posts: 1744
as mammymcphee said your 1st anniversary is paper I don't know how into this your husband might be but i I made up a big collage of all our wedding bits bobs and put in a mounted frame for my oh. He loved it. I tried to keep it all in order of how things went, so like it started with our hen and stag do's so I had a card my sisters made me and everyone signed it on our night. I had no idea what to do with it after the wedding and didnt want to put it in a box so that went on. Then i put on one of our invites with all the inserts attached. His grannys RSVP with here name on it. :) The cd of the song i walked up the aisle to. a booklet on our venue that we got when we booked it. Our menu from the tables. We kept the seating arrangement and our name place cards, and we kept the best mans speech. In between all that i put in cards we received from close friends and family. It took quite a bit of time to put together, but we had all these bits and bobs that were precious to us to keep but no where to put them and now we have it in a frame on our wall. its a lovely keep sake and my oh loved it so much. He even got a little teary :lvs
lcarrick Posts: 1639
i was thinking of getting tickets to a concert hubbie wants to go to in november since 1st anniversary is paper. i'm due our first baby the week before so can't really plan do go and do anything. our anniversary is also fathers day this year so i'm gonna have to sort a pressie out from babs for him too! feck i'm gonna have to get my dad a pressie too from his first grandchild for fathers day! i'm soo getting screwed over this year! :o0
nelswife Posts: 3869
what about a photobook, from either Photos from when you started going out, right up to your first year of marraige OR Photos from your wedding, honeymoon and your first year of marraige or Do a secret boudoir photo session and get some nice prints done? I am the same lullabelle...our anniversaries are the same day, i was going to get the secret boudoir photo session done,...but bit pointless (as you can see from my ticker)
LullaBelle11 Posts: 1159
Thanks girls fro your ideas! It has been wrecking my head! Congrats Nelswife, my wedding day twin!! :o)ll
anika Posts: 2194
mkb...i love your idea. I am wrecking my had to at the moment as our Anniversary is coming up shortly. Must be a massive frame that you have tho with all the bits and pieces in it.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Tickets to a concert or event??
ott Posts: 3920
My mum told me that the other traditional gift for a first wedding anniversary is a clock. I would have bought DH a watch but he won't wear one - I found him cufflinks made from old watches instead in NY. I'm sure they can be bought online: [url:1vtg93fe]http://www.itsabouttimenyc.com/[/url:1vtg93fe] He loves them.