Help me think of a wedding present....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bbeg Posts: 173
Hi, My (male) cousin is getting married a few weeks after us but we will be away on honeymoon so can not attend. I want to get a present for them but haven't a clue what to get. I really don't want to give them money (they don't need it) and he has been very helpful and generous towards me & h2b when we were building our house so it's a kind of thank you for that too. Please give me some ideas...thanks :wv Oh and woohoo this day next week I'll have married the man of my dreams :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :lvs
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
Best of luck & enjoy your wedding. Have you thought about a Luxury Picnic Hamper. Maybe put champers & flutes into it 2. Are they into Denby or any other pottery Canteen of cutlery LeCreuset pots
bijou Posts: 1154
What about a dinner B&B break in a lux hotel in Ireland? Eg - Wineport Lodge Glasson, Mullranny house Hotel Westport, The Dillon Dublin? I'd love that (hint hint, if anyone wanted to get me a present) and even if you have money, you always need an excuse to get away! Hope all goes smooth for the wedding day! I'm so looking forward to mine, 3 weeks to go. :o)ll
quartz Posts: 446
Was going to suggest a weekend away too. You can get great deals at the moment and it gives the couple something to look forward to after the wedding.
ram Posts: 86
What about a voucher for an expensive restaurant, the kind of place you would go for a treat.
allotta Posts: 856
[quote="bijou":13cuo3br]What about a dinner B&B break in a lux hotel in Ireland? Eg - Wineport Lodge Glasson, Mullranny house Hotel Westport, The Dillon Dublin? I'd love that (hint hint, if anyone wanted to get me a present) and even if you have money, you always need an excuse to get away! Hope all goes smooth for the wedding day! I'm so looking forward to mine, 3 weeks to go. :o)ll[/quote:13cuo3br] dats a fab idea!!
bijou Posts: 1154
Cheers, I know that would be really the only present that someone could actually buy me that I'd really love!
Kazzy Posts: 264
One of our fav. wedding presents was a framed mirror (around 4 ft x 4ft) with our family crests and our wedding date engraved on it, this might not be everyone's cup of tea though, but its very special to us !! I like the weekend away idea too, it would be nice to have something to look forward to after the wedding madness settles down !!
angel1978 Posts: 1154
My bridesmaid got me a very expensive voucher for a top restaurant in town. It was one of the best presents we got because we would never have paid over that kind of oney for a meal for 2 people but it was worth every penny. Food was to die for and it was lovely to get to go out together after the wedding and get all dressed up.
SparklyB2B Posts: 1131
Saw this posted on WOL a while back.. 2 tickets for electric picnic... Id be chuffed if anyone got me that.