Help! Might be forced to change venue and need advice!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

calibride Posts: 86
Just got word that now our booking might not be honored at our venue we have had booked for two years. I'm getting married in four months and don't know what to do. We should have had our invites out last week and now everything is on hold. My options are ballykealy, mount woleseley, maybe barberstown. Ballykealy is the only one that has our date and the others have the day before available. I like the k club as well but it seems too expensive and since we will probably lose our deposit we will need something we can more afford. I don't live there and have never been to any of them so give me your honest opinion. Any recommendations for any of these or others that are in the carlow/laois/Kildare area would be great. Any pics of the reception rooms would also be appreciated as you can never tell from the website. If you can let me know of the food, service, room itself, gardens, or if you have another idea to contact for a venue, please let me know. It's very upsetting not knowing if we even have a place to have a reception for our wedding :( we won't know until next week (so they say but they keep changing the date) but we have to be prepared to book another venue immediately. Thank you!!
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
Have been to 2 weddings in Ballykealy. Food was great & so was the service. Went for Mount Wolseley for my own wedding. Food was fantastic they came round with 2nds & 3rds of everything. Service was 2nd to none. Guests were really impressed with the venue & service. Will PM you a link to my photos so you can see the venue. I spent a few pound on extras for the room like sashes, fairylight backdrop, Uplighters. If you have any questions pm me
So the only places with our date are the K Club and Ballykealy. Anyone you would recommend over the other? They would be about the same price but Ballykealy would get more, includes wine, canapes, afters foods, a piper, bellinis on arrival m drink of choice for toast, etc. K Club wouldnt have any of that. Don't know what to do :(
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
Never been to the K Club but know that you won't be disappointed with BallyKealey
Funcoo Posts: 24
[quote="calibride":1wdrkbpt]Just got word that now our booking might not be honored at our venue we have had booked for two years. I'm getting married in four months and don't know what to do. We should have had our invites out last week and now everything is on hold. My options are ballykealy, mount woleseley, maybe barberstown. Ballykealy is the only one that has our date and the others have the day before available. I like the k club as well but it seems too expensive and since we will probably lose our deposit we will need something we can more afford. I don't live there and have never been to any of them so give me your honest opinion. Any recommendations for any of these or others that are in the carlow/laois/Kildare area would be great. Any pics of the reception rooms would also be appreciated as you can never tell from the website. If you can let me know of the food, service, room itself, gardens, or if you have another idea to contact for a venue, please let me know. It's very upsetting not knowing if we even have a place to have a reception for our wedding :( we won't know until next week (so they say but they keep changing the date) but we have to be prepared to book another venue immediately. Thank you!![/quote:1wdrkbpt] Sorry to hear about the venue not honouring your booking - that's really terrible. I've heard great reports about Ballykealy and Mount Woleseley is lovely. I think the k-Club is over priced, you're really paying for name... Funcoo
Layla20 Posts: 1089
I've never been to a wedding in K Club but found food and service excellent at Ballykealy, really couldn't fault it.
Thanks for the feedback! K Club and Ballykealy are the only two with our dates and since several people have booked their flights, etc. and with trying to coordinate with vendors we will probably have to do one of these two. K Club would be willing to help us out on the prices. So sad, and mad actually. >:o( They have been stringing us a long and now still cant give an answer. Its even worse than before.
Horetown House Posts: 55
Hi Calibride, if you want to email me I might have your date, did you give it in your posts, I can't find it. I am the wedding coordinator at Horetown House in Wexford, we are a country house with 10 bedrooms but we do have quite a bit of offsite accommodation which is regularly used by our wedding parties. Have a look at the site and email me . We are relatively new in the wedding business even though the House is hundreds of years old. I don't think you will find nicer bedrooms, have a look and see what you think. Good luck with the wedding, Kate O:o)
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
hi there Firstly- very sorry to hear about your situation. Must be terrible for you and OH We got married here and I couldnt recommend it enough. Fab place. Really hope that you find something that you love
Harlequin Wol Best Band Posts: 645
Calibride, We have played at both The K Club and Ballykeally. Both were excellent wedding and whatever you choose you will have a great night. Killashee House is also an excellent venue as is Barberstown. Both very professional and helpful. Bets thing to do is to make a decision that you are happy with and then you will put it behind you very quickly. Harlequin