HELP, MY ENGAGMENT RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

princess! Posts: 348
OH MY GOD I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT LAST NIGHT AFTER DINNER MYSELF AND DH SAT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE TV MY DOG CAME OVER WITH HIS TEDDY FOR US TO PLAY FETCH WITH HIM SO I STARTED THROUGHING THE TEDDY ETC ETC ETC. AFTER A WHILE WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE DAY WE BOUGHT MY RING AND I GLANCED DOWN AT MY HAND AND THE DIAMOND WAS GONE FROM MY RING I KNOW IT WAS THERE BEFORE DINNER BECAUSE I LOOKED IT AFTER DOING THE WASH UP OF THE POTS. IM TOTALLY GUTTED WE HACE SEARCHED THE HOUSE HAD A WHOLE CSI NIGHT LIGHTS OFF WITH TORCHES TO SEE IF WE COULD SEE IT SPARKLE LIGHTS ON ETC ETC WE HAVE COVER FOR ACCIDENTAL LOSS OR DAMAGE TO OUR HOUSE CONTENTS DO YOU THINK MY RING WOULD BE COVERED???????? SORRY FOR RAMBLING BUT IM HEART BROKEN ABOUT IT
madhatter01 Posts: 495
ahh ya poor thing. It has to be somewhere but maybe it slipped out doing the washing up?!? its possible! Search again tonight, your insurance should cover it though. Oh I can only imagine how annoyed and upset you must be! :xox
Milliford Posts: 281
OMG you poor thing the same thing happened to me before the wedding! I take my ring off at night and put it on the bed side locker. Our cat durring the night knocked it off and it fell into a baseball cap and lodged itself behind the peak. Was in bits. had to go home from work and everything I couldn't consentrate. Don't worry it will show up. Just a possibility but do you thing that your dog could have ate it???? I think for an engagement ring to be covered on your household insurance you need to have added it to the policy. I really hope you find it! Good luck!
frillynickers Posts: 1765
I dont know if your insurance will cover this pet as you are supposed to have special ietams insured seperatly on your policy especially engagement rings as you have to have them valued. Hope you find it. Are you sure the fdog didnt swallow it. I know its gross but you might need to look through the poop!
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Did you get your hubby to open the U bend under the kitchen sink? I know you said you saw it after you washed the pots but it could have dropped into the sink after you were looking at it iykwim. There's no chance the dog could have swallowed it is there? I hope you find it. Say a prayer to St Anthony! AFAIK you have to have it mentioned in your policy in order for it to be covered.
Mrs Big Posts: 919
If you have accidental damage and it happened in your house your insurance will cover it without being specified. Being specified means it is also covered for loss outside the house. So dont panic it might turn up.
oddwire Posts: 842
My husband lost his wedding ring before - same thing, sitting down after dinner and noticed it was misssing. Like you we turned the place upside down and it finally turned up when he lifted up a towel on the counter and it fell out of it - he'd also washed up, then dried his hands on the towel after and it slipped off into the towel. Could something similar have happened to you?
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
I lost mine too, turned out my dh put it in the bin along with some rubbish, the bin had gone out to the wheelie bin and was on the road waiting to be collected the next morn-checking it was a last resort cause I thought there would be no way it could have ended up there It was the yukkiest thing I have ever done :hic and it was all mushed up in some old soggy pasta :hic Let us know when you find it and check your bin!
Miss Muffet Posts: 612
Don't panic princess, I'm sure it will turn up somewhere. At least you are sure it is somewhere in the house. Sorry to be gross - but if I were you I'd keep an eye on your dog's poo. If the diamond fell out whilst you were throwing the ball (very likely) the dog could have eaten it. We had a dog before who ate a coin which later came out in his poo - strange but very true - so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.
Vera Posts: 197
Oh you poor thing. I can completly sympathise. I lost my wedding band last week and have yet to find it. I do have it listed on my specified items on our insurance but it's not the same. I just can't understand where it is. My mother says these type of accidents always happen when you are pregnant for some reason. Best of luck with finding it.