Menu

Help need to book a car!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sexilexi Posts: 142
Still havnt booked my car don't wanna spend over €250 just getting car for ourselves what have u all booked any good deals out there??? ;o)
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
Where are you based and when you getting married?
smily2012 Posts: 107
I've still to book a car too! Did anyone go to view a car! We are looking for a vintage car getting quotes of 350 to 400!?? Any one any car company recommendations Thanks
Wedding Cars Ireland Posts: 1970
Hi, If you would like to PM us your wedding day details, we may be able to help. Our quotes start from e200 for locally based weddings. If we cannot help you, we may be able to suggest other companies in your area.
Sexilexi Posts: 142
Cool I'll check u guys out based in Dublin :o)ll
Nobigdress Posts: 452
What about a taxi? You could find a company with a decent car, buy some ribbons and pay a bit of a tip to get the driver to wash the car and let you put the ribbons on. I am having my uncle and looking forward to it but I understand some people want a stranger driving so you can have some privacy after the ceremony. I think a taxi would do a great job, just hire him for the way and ask him to come back an hour later (or wait). It should be LOADS cheaper than a 'wedding' car.
Wedding Cars Ireland Posts: 1970
Hi, I would think the logistics of having a taxi calling back to pick you up could be fraught with potential problems! Apart from that, just as licensed limos (saloon or stretch types), are not allowed to pick up passengers at taxi ranks or on the street, taxis are not licensed for what is termed ‘Ceremonial Use’. Chauffeur driven limousines must pass a different PSV test (concentrating on comfort, space and suitability for ceremonial use) to a taxi to qualify as such. These are the rules! Regards, TGT.