Help needed with these dresses please..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zita25 Posts: 32
Hi i have two dresses got for a wedding. I am planning on wearing the blue one to the wedding and the flowery one the night after. What do you think of these dresses? Is the blue one a bit too much or too like a debs dress?? (its my brothers wedding) what colour shoes/sandals etc. would you put with these dresses? Thanks for any help..
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
oh there both lovely, you could wear black or silver or gold or pink with the blue dress. enjoy
Flapjack Posts: 308
The flowery dress is fab! Love it! But I'm not mad about the blue dress - like you said, it looks a bit like a debs dress. Is the wedding formal? It might be a bit much if it's just a "normal" wedding, if you know what I mean. Flapjack
Babyloco Posts: 964
I love the flowery one but i dont like the blue one-sorry
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
I agree, unless its a black tie wedding, the blue one might be a bit much. Love the first one, I'd wear that to the wedding if I were you!
zita25 Posts: 32
Thanks so much for all the replies, i was so torn!! Its my brothers wedding. I really love the flowery dress aswell. its not too summery for a wedding?? The blue dress is really nice on but i feel its a bit too much, i would feel a bit awkward in it!! So what colour would you theme with the flowery dress then??
Jawl Posts: 8881
I also think the blue dress is a bit bridesmaidy too.
quietlife Posts: 475
sorry hun not mad on blue dress either ! love flowery one its fab and red shoes would be fantastic with it as its a colour that will stand out over the purple and pink.
goldie4020 Posts: 24
Hey Zita, Wouldnt be a fan of the blue but the flowery dress is fab where did you get it? I think pink or purple shoes would be lovely, irregular choice in shuch have some fab ones that would look great with that dress!! :wv
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
I hate the blue dress sorry :-8 but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the flowery one! :lvs You could wear any shoe with it - but I think either nude peep toes or silver strappy heels would look lovely :wv