Help on getting wind up !!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsAC Posts: 1190
I've tried everything apart from hanging her upside down to get her wind up, rubbing her back , tapping her back, rolling her round, pushing her legs to her tummy, give her infacol , Gripe Water and using Dr Brown bottles but she's just impossible to get up wind which leaves her very cranky Have you any tips ?
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Have you tried lying her face down on your knees and rubbing her back? Or a warm towel on her tummy.
windycity Posts: 2241
How old is she mrs ac? My DS is only just starting to be 'windable' at 9 weeks.. before this it was impossible to get wind and we tried literally everything
She's 5 weeks now , its a nightmare a nught time coz she becomes so unsettle because of the wind.
She's 5 weeks now , its a nightmare a nught time coz she becomes so unsettle because of the wind.
Bluebear Posts: 1594
In my more desperate moments I walked DD up & down the stairs- it worked! Have you tried lying your little one down for a few minutes & then lifting them up- gravity can help move those stubborn burps! Also found winding DD every oz worked. I couldn't wait til DD outgrew the windy stage!
Yep tried the lying down business and winding after every oz, the odd time it works. I hope this windy stage goes quickly
windycity Posts: 2241
[quote="MrsAC":8a76tokd]She's 5 weeks now , its a nightmare a nught time coz she becomes so unsettle because of the wind.[/quote:8a76tokd] All I can say is time... unfortunately we had to ride it out til he could get wind up and like you tried absolutely everything. He used to curl up into a ball with it and was so unsettled. 9 weeks now and the wind problem has definitely improved but he has silent reflux so theres always something! as far as I can see, the whole digestive thing only really gets solved with time.. hang in there! xx
jewellb Posts: 2389
I find letting DS during a good 2-3oz before winding him gives a good burp! I use infacol also and if he has trouble getting the last bit of wind up I give him a tiny bit more infacol have only needed to this once ! I also find lying him gently down for a few moments helps, he usually burps on the way back up!! He's a little pup though this is his awake time so it could be 3 am before he goes to sleep!!! :o(
gopro Posts: 1801
we use to wind every ounce and my mam showed me a truck that they did with us. rubbing the left hand and then elevating the left arm up like saying hooray!