HELP PLEASE! Duet suggestions

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
Looking for some help please. I tried on the business women forum but they're hopeless.....obviously not very musical over there :o0 I've been asked to record a CD of 20 duets with a tenor for together.ie an organisation that run pre marriage courses in Dublin. I'm trying to compile as big a list as possible of suitable male/female duets for the ceremony and champagne reception so it will be a mix of classical/church and modern pieces. Any suggestions from you Wollies would be greatly appreciated :thnk Siobhán *)
Yoda Posts: 3340
Can't We Be Friends - Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald Nice Work If You Can Get It - Sinatra and Peggy Lee Something's Gotta Give - Sinatra and the McGuire Sisters If I Loved You - Sinatra and Shirley Jones You're The Top - Sinatra and Ethel Merman I Can't Believe You're In Love With Me - Sinatra and Louis Prima/Keely Smith You Make Me Feel So Young (Old) - Frank and Nancy Sinatra Our Love Is Here to Stay - Sinatra and Peggy Lee Moonlight in Vermont/I May Be Wrong - Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald Barbra Streisand Songs Won't Be The One To Let Go (Duet with Barry Manilow) Guilty (Duet with Barry Gibb) You Don't Bring Me Flowers (Duet with Neil Diamond) I Finally Found Someone (Duet with Bryan Adams) Cryin' Time (Duet with Ray Charles) I've Got A Crush On You (Duet with Frank Sinatra) What Kind Of Fool (Duet with Barry Gibb) I Have A Love/One Hand, One Heart (Duet with Johnny Mathis) Lost Inside Of You (Duet with Kris Kristofferson) Till I Loved You (Duet with Don Johnson) If You Ever Leave Me (Duet with Vince Gill) The Music Of The Night (Duet with Michael Crawford) Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead (Duet with Harold Arlen) All I Know Of Love (Duet with Josh Groban) Time To Say Goodbye (Con Te Partiro) - Andrea Bocelli / Sarah Brightman All from the Google Duets Go to Amazon for more HTH
[quote="AutumnWed":15arfacy] Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead (Duet with Harold Arlen) [/quote:15arfacy] :o0 can just see my voice coach singing that one with me :o0 thanks a million AutumnWed - some great ones in there. I did a google search of duets but didn't come up with many I liked! I've got a few of the "show" duets e.g. Come What May, All I Ask of You, Love Changes Everything etc but I love jazz/swing pices so thanks for those. Any more out there...fire them at me! Siobhán :thnk
doolittle Posts: 910
Im having The Prayer by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli the words are amazing!
that's on my list Doolittle - it's fab isn't it! I've got Amigos Para Siempre as well and a few more like that. He just wants a long list then we'll cut it back to 20 pieces and I've got 2 hours to record them all!! Thanks for the help Siobhán
kittysue Posts: 1016
Moon River.....
icebaby Posts: 846
Dream a little dream - Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald
I love Ella so Dream a Little Dream's perfect! Thanks Icebaby. I sing I Only Have Eyes for You with a jazz group but don't know how that would sound as a duet - Can't Take That Away From Me is another one I do - that might work as a duet alright. Hadn't even thought of Moon River Kittysue - that'd be lovely as well. I'll probably find it hard to narrow down the list to just 20 at this stage!! Keep them coming :thnk Siobhán