Help please in a total panic

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Terrier Posts: 283
Ok so I should be 14+1 weeks today. Anyway had scan at 10 weeks all well and baby moving with strong heartbeat. Went for check-up in Doctors today and she felt my stomach and said the baby doesn't seem to have moved up over pelvic bone which should happen at 12 weeks!!!!! I'm going to EPU for scan at 1230 but just wondered had this happened to anyone else. I'm very small a size 8 and had very tight stomach muscles as was quiet fit....
Duffers Posts: 1841
Sorry I dont have an answer Terrrier...just wanna say hope all goes ok at 12.30. Come back & let us know. Try not to worry. :thnk
theoracle Posts: 7664
Hard not to, but try not to worry. Only the scan will be able to say what the story is, palpating isn't an exact science and only works within the 'average' perimeters. I personally know a lady who at 8 months pregnant went to the doc and he didn't even realise she was pregnant at all, she was so slender!
moonandstars Posts: 280
Sorry Terrier I don't have any advise or answers but I just wanted to wish you the best for 12.30.
Beaubelle Posts: 741
Best of Luck Terrier.... As Hu101 said.... Palpation is NOT an exact science.... People do get it wrong, so please try not to worry. As you have said, you're very slim and fit, so it's probably just that you have very tight tummy muscles. My mum is quite a slight build and barely looked pregnant at all, even with twins.... They told her it was because her tummy muscles were so toned. I unfortunately don't have this 'problem'!!! Will be thinking of you. :lvs
benny313 Posts: 821
Terrier sorry have no help for you just wanted to say best of luck with the scan xx
Beaubelle Posts: 741
Hope you got on ok at your scan terrier.... Was thinking of you :lvs
Terrier Posts: 283
Hi girls, Thank you so much for your replies. Anyway went to EPU with DH. It turned out I knew the midwife. So she scanned me and all was fine :o)ll . I couldn't believe it. I'm actually measuring slightly over 14 weeks. She said I had good tummy muscles and was hiding it well. While I was waiting for the scan another girl came in who was 14 weeks and she looked pregnant so I was sure all was not well with me. Anyway panic over but it really made me realise how much I wanted this baby and stopped me taking being pregnant for granted. Thanks again girls for all your replies.. :wv
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Terrier I'm delighted for you :o)ll :o)ll Now about that flat tummy with great muscle tone, any tips for a mummy still trying to tone up her tummy even though her LO is almost a year O:| O:| :o0 :o0 :wv
Salander Posts: 1639
aw im glad all is well - i know its really hard not to judge yourself on how others look - i don't have one of those gravity defying bumps - I just look like i am really fat!