Menu

help please photographer needed - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blissful2b Posts: 1555
dreamer that sounds about right. if you have a semi -professional friend then get them to do it. have you seen ur firends pics? are they any good? if so you could save yourself a fortune!
flow Posts: 296
dreamer, i think it all depends on what you will be getting for your money. i have a friend who hired a semi professional for her wedding and her photos were awful. you could notice on photo's that he should have zoomed in on he didn't. i suppose it is a chance you take if you decide to hire a semi pro. do you want to to take that chance just to save a few bob. if you do decide to go with this semi pro make sure you see a sample of his pictures first.
blissful2b Posts: 1555
flow ur friend sounds as if she had an amatuer. a semi-pro for the most part wouldn't make those simple mistakes. you have no guarantee that your pics will be good even if you go with a professional. better chance for sure, but no guarentees. if money is no object go for a professional, if ur on a budget, and you have a semi-pro friend willing to do it then go for it.
BigBird09 Posts: 349
dreamer, EUR1900 sounds about average - our photographers deals ranged from 1700 - 2500. As for the semi-professional, I would wonder how he is at handling people and crowds - apart from the quality of photos, I think this, people handling, is the thing that experienced professionals must be good at. I've always pitied the photographer at weddings trying to get families and groups together for photos without losing their temper. Grainne
deda Posts: 1220
Corin Bishop Enda Sheehan Ivan Keaney Liam Kidney Michelle Hurson Google them- all have websites
dreamer Posts: 3941
[quote="BigBird09":9ownqqsi]dreamer, EUR1900 sounds about average - our photographers deals ranged from 1700 - 2500. As for the semi-professional, I would wonder how he is at handling people and crowds - apart from the quality of photos, I think this, people handling, is the thing that experienced professionals must be good at. I've always pitied the photographer at weddings trying to get families and groups together for photos without losing their temper. Grainne[/quote:9ownqqsi] He is quite a quiet person and I am not sure if he would get the kind of shots I want. While he might be a very good photograpgher, he doesn't have any experice at doing weddings and I really want someone who can capture those special moment etc if you know what i mean!! Had a chat with H2B last night and think we are going to go with a professional with a good reputation! Again, though I don't know any, so it will just be a case of picking one close to me!!!
Holly12 Posts: 5
Try PJ Mccormack, www.mccormackimagingstudio.com really good, fun and reasonably priced. Corin Bishop is good too but very expensive. www.corinbishop.ie