Help please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mondeo Posts: 26
Hi Girls, Back to ask for some help *) , has anyone got a cure for morning sickness that lasts all day. OMG I am soooooo sick, I feel sick from one end of the day to the next. :o( :o( :o( Its making me feel so sad and so low. I know I shouldnt be complaining, I should be happy I'm pregnant, but if this doesnt pass soon I dont know what I'm going to do. Please help me Mondeo
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I was reading up at the weekend that morning sickness is a sign of your babies organs developing. Have you tried those travel sickness wristbands Also read gingernut biscuits are good for it
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Might help: Also heard that plain crackers before getting out of bed in the morning are good. Avoid tea and coffee. Suck on a wedge of lemon or put some lemon juice in water (warm or cold). Mind yourself! :xxx
elmar06 Posts: 201
I also have it day and night and haven't yet found anything that helps. Crackers/gingernut bicuit/rich tea/digestive did not help - ugh - just made me feel more sick....I'm worse in the afternoons and evenings (particularly evenings) and am hoping it will pass, didn't pass for my last 2 pregnancies (but eased off for maybe a month in the middle) so if you find anything let me know, got to the stage now where I will eat anyway knowing I'll throw it up but will then feel OK for a while afterwards, makes it worth it throwing up, then the feeling of nausea is gone!!.....
sparkle Posts: 61
I felt the same up until about week 14. Nothing I did worked. Tried the wristband, ginger. Doctor told me to have flat coke - that worked only sometimes. He then prescribed some special medicine that helps it (apparently there's only one that's safe for pregnant women to take) because I wasn't keeping food down. Didn't need it in the end but worth asking your doc for it if you're really bad. On the up side though, it got a lot better at week 11 and disappeard on week 14. Hang in there, it gets better and you'll be getting loads of energy soon and you'll feel great!
SoExcited Posts: 204
Hi mondeo, Had to reply to this. I used to refer to it as "Morning, Noon, and Night" sickness! I had that sick feeling all day and night. It was awful. Here's a few things I tried. Sometimes nothing will fix it, but some of these did help a bit. All I can say is, it will get better, so hang in there. It was worst for me when I was hungry. Although I didn't feel like eating anything, the longer I left it, the worse it would get. So my main advice is to eat little and often. I used to bring an assortment of biscuits and crackers with me to work and keep them in my drawer and just nibble away at them. Ones I found good were ginger nuts and plain crackers. Boiled sweets did the trick some days so have a packet of them in your bag. I used to eat a bowl of sugar puffs before I left for work in the morning. Hadn't had them since I was a kid but all of a sudden got them in my head and had to have them! Toast and Tea - these were life savers when I just didn't feel like anything or I didn't know what I wanted. As a result of all of the above, I can't even look at ginger nuts or sugar puffs anymore!! Hope this helps, make sure you get plenty of rest and most important of all, don't let your stomach go empty, it will make you feel worse. SoE. xxx