Help... pregnacare plus

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Augustmum Posts: 686
Hi girls I hope someone can help me... I am nearly 7 weeks and I have been taking pregnacare plus since I got my BFP. A few girls on here said that it would be fine to take this for the first 12weeks but I just read here that your ment to take folic acid for the first 12 weeks and then move onto pregnacare?????? Oh girls I am really worried now that I haven't been taking the right tablets for my bean please someone shed some light
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
There's sufficient Folic acid in the Pregnacare plus to meet the recommended requirements. Read the box: It says "through all of pregnancy". I'd believe the box sooner than something I read on the interwebz!!!
Augustmum Posts: 686
Thanks... yea your right it does say it on the box just got worried cos I read it on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=291530
Salander Posts: 1639
it has 400mg of folic acid and thats what you need to take so you are covered. thats how much a folic acid tablet should have. I would mention it to your gp when you visit next as there is no harm in taking the pregnacare but you might not need to. my gp told me to just take folic acid - saved me a small fortune!
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
I've no idea why the guys on that thread took only Folic, then switched to PPlus. Perhaps cos folic acid is much cheaper than PPLus, or perhaps cos PPlus can be a little harsh on the tummy. Either way, don;t worry, you're getting eveything you need vis folic acid n the PL Plus!
Bubstar Posts: 399
I've been taking these since I found out I was pregnant (4-5wks), and still am, I think they are fine. I think I remember the pharmacist said they were fine too. And, as mysteriousmise said,the box says they are for all through pregnancy, including before for conception and after for breast feeding too.
Daff Posts: 11644
I take this and took it the whole way through DD too. The first 12 weeks are where the baby grows and develops the most. For me I wanted to make sure that no matter how bad the MS got and I couldn't face eating things at least if I took this I knew I had the basic nutritional needs met. Also I wanted the omega 3 from the fish oil as I think that's so important to brain development. After DD I think took the BF pregnacare and when got my BFP I went back to the PC+. I personally have found it great and after DD if I didn't take it for a few days I noticed a difference, more tired etc.
happymonkey Posts: 555
I'm only taking Pregnacare - and good to know all the vitamins & minerals & folic acid is in there.