Help - shoes dilemma

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dec2008 Posts: 95
I know this has been discussed so many times, but I need some help. My h2b is shorter than me, about 1.5inch and I would really love if we were the same height for the day. I cannot find any nice sexy shoes/sandals that are fairly flat, and would love to find mens shoes with an extra bit of height. Last week, I got shoes from US, and inch and a half, said to myself fek it, I'll be taller. This week I don't want to be taller. I think I would be self conscious and so would he. So now I am on a quest to find mens shoes that will give my h2b an extra inch or 2. Looked at those elevator shoes on net but can't really see them looking normal. Any help would be great.........
08Aug09 Posts: 405
you could bring old shoes to a bootmaker and ask him to put a higher heel on them just to test it out.. thinking of doing this myself same height without shoes but no nice flat shoes out there as you said
kitten_77 Posts: 826
would you consider a nice pair of ballet flats for yourself? There are some really cute ones around and i think they can look great with a wedding dress - although flat they are still very pretty. You mentioned that your h2b is shorter than you before you even put on shoes, if i understood correctly? Well if you wear 1.5 heels then he will have to wear at least 2 inch heels to be [i:3ndm2x7m]taller [/i:3ndm2x7m]than you.... personally i think it might look better if you were in flats rather than adding too much on his shoes... just my opinion. shouldn't be too hard to add an extran 1/1.5 inches on his shoes i would say.
08Aug09 Posts: 405
or you could just take your shoes off for the photos and dance - thats my back up plan - shoes never stay on me all night not used to heels
dec2008 Posts: 95
I have in the past had heels on my shoes cut down, so if I could get a kitten heel of about an inch, then I would have to get 2 and a half inch shoes for the h2b. People keep telling me I need to wear a little heel, as it improves your posture when walking, but the other side of this is I will slouch if wearing heels so I won't be as tall. Think I will look at some pumps - where did you see some nice ones? And I will ask the cobbler if he can out a higher heel on my h2b's shoes. Everyone knows I am taller but I just don't want to exaggerate the difference........
kelsar Posts: 690
Im in the same boat as you, im about 2-3'' taller than H2B. Thing is everyone knows im taller than him and i always wear flat shoes. If he suddenly gained a couple of inches on wedding day think people would be looking at his shoes too much. He was the same height when I fell in love with him and nothing has changed, im not worried what it looks like in the photo's.
kitten_77 Posts: 826
everyone will have thier own opinion but i think you should go with what u feel comfortable in, there is no rul that says you have to wear heels and if you feel more confortalbe when your hubby is taller then work around that. If you're comfortable and rlaxed on the day your posture will be fine :) http://www.bellissimabridalshoes.com/ca ... 8157.shtml Pretty Ballerinas do some fab ones http://www.newlook.co.uk/1406011/140601 ... tails.aspx as do French Sole http://www.frenchsole.com/index.php i would say you might find some nice ones in Monsoon too. Hope this helps x