Help?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mallory Posts: 92
Got BFP this morning. I'm shocked. I have been feeling a bit odd but just put it down to AF being on it's way. Was going to leave testing for another while, but curiosity got the better of me this morning, so I opened up a First Response HPT, and lo and behold, two big fat lines came up, the pregnancy line ahead of the test line. Reckon I'm 2-3weeks. God girls, this is such a shock, what do I need to do now? This was our first month properly trying, and I really thought that it would take way longer than this to get BFP. Boobs are KILLING me, really strong metal taste in my mouth, 'gassy' feeling in lower tummy, and my scalp has been super itchy. I had heartburn at the weekend too, and I never have heartburn. Also, my cat, who doesn't bother with me usually, is STUCK to me all the time, I think she can tell? I'm so clueless, can somebody tell me what I need to do now?
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Congrats! :o)ll I got my BFP on a Sunday so went to the doc on Monday morning - I was nearly 6 weeks pregnant as had been away on hols! The doc weighed me, checked blood pressure, talked me through what to eat/what not to eat, explained my options re hospital & care. I knew I was happy to go to the Coombe & would be going public so he sent a referral letter off for me that day (not necessary I've since found out but obviously didn't do any harm!). That day I bought a copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting & a nice notebook so I could jot things down and that's it!
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
Firstly, congratulations! And secondly, breathe! So you reckon you are 2-3 weeks, is that since you concieved? That would mean you are 4-5 weeks pregnant. No harm in doing a ClearBlue Digital test to see what it says in terms of weeks. When was your last period? You then need to go to the doctor (your GP) to have it confirmed. My cat and dog knew I was pregnant practically before I did. My dog especially. I think they can smell and taste the hormonal changes on your skin.
blueboots Posts: 833
Firstly, Congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I guess the first thing i did was to go and see my GP. Never to early to get the ball rolling. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
Hi babybabybay I just wanted to say a huge congratulations on ur bfp. You just need to start thinking about what hospital and care you might want to use And a trip to the go to get the ball rolling Otherwise, just enjoy x
Mallory Posts: 92
Thanks for your replys!! :o)ll It's 2-3weeks since I conceived, so I'm 4-5weeks pregnant then? JESUS!!! OMG!! I realise I sound like an idiot right now, but I really haven't a clue, I really did think it would take us ages to conceive, so while we tried last month, I didn't think anything would come of it! Right, I'll get an appointment to see my GP before the week is out, any advice re public or private? There is only one maternity hospital where I live.
TurtleBaby1 Posts: 693
Does your maternity hosp have an option of semi private? If your only options are public or private the costs may help you make the decision. Get the number for your hospital and give them a call or google and they might have a website with all the costs laid out. In the coombe it can be 45k to go pirvate about €900 to go Semi and nothing to go public. The biggest difference in the care is who you see for all your visits and what accomondation you are in after baby is born. public ward 6 beds, SP is 4 and private patients get a private room. Give your hospital a call and see what they have to say - it will help you to make your decision.
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
I'm going private, it will cost us 4k for the consultant, the private room (if available) is covered by my VHI. My consultant will scan me at every visit and will do his upmost to be there for the birth.