Help/Tips needed for Toning Up before Wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Francois Posts: 65
We are getting married in August, and I need to tone up bigtime! Am a size 16-18. I eat really well but cant seem to shift my muffin top and large thighs, also bit of a problem with bingo wing arms!! Any tips appreciated..
Princess Lisa Posts: 379
am working on the bingo wings as well! you have to use weights really to tone up, the key is to use light weights and do lots of repetitions (as opposed to building muscle when you use heavy weights and do less reps) I have small weights but you can use bottles of water or tins of beans. for bingo wings (flab under the arms) do these ones: Try these exercises three times a week to reduce underarm flab. Do three sets of 12 to 15 repetitions every other day. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and tighten your abs. Hold your weight - a bottle of water will do - in your left hand with your elbow close to your temple and pointing to the ceiling. Using a slow, controlled movement, extend your elbow 95 per cent overhead without locking. Don't arch your back. Repeat, and then switch arms. Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Lunge forward with your right foot. Pull your left elbow back with your forearm perpendicular to the floor. Hold your upper arm still and extend your forearm. Squeeze your triceps at top of the move. Repeat, and then switch sides. Sit on a chair with your fingers facing forward and shoulders down. With your chest open, move your hips in front of the chair and lower your torso slowly until your elbows are bent to about 90 degrees. Keeping your butt close to the chair, straighten your elbows to raise your torso. Don't lock your elbows when you reach the top. Repeat. Position yourself on your left side, with your left knee bent and your right leg extended, as shown. Your left palm should be flat on the ground but not directly below your shoulder. Keeping your hips up, extend your right arm above your right shoulder towards the ceiling. Bend your left elbow slightly, and then press your back up. Repeat, and then switch sides. Kneel on the floor and walk your hands out until your body forms a straight line from your head to your knees. Your hands should be directly beneath your shoulders, and your abs pulled in. Bending your elbows back so they stay close to your sides, slowly lower your chest toward the floor as far as you can comfortably go. Hold for a second, and then push yourself back up. Repeat
macsmissus Posts: 928
I've rooted out my billy blanks tae bo - it's great for toning the arms. Also another exercise that's good for the backs of the arms is using a step and push yourself up while feet rest on the floor. Would love to hear good ones for the thighs too ladies :wv
november09!! Posts: 81
I second Billy Blanks Tae Bo!! Tough to begin with but works miracles if you stick at it Good luck xx
Francois Posts: 65
Thanks Princess Lisa, I've printed off the exercises, now all I have to do it keep doing them!
Kermette Posts: 924
Which Billy Blanks Tae Bo kit/ dvd did you get???
Asics Posts: 1935
Swimming if you can swim is absolutly brilliant I didn't know how good it was till I was on a 2 week swimming course for beginners I lost 6lbs wasn't even trying to lose weight & my love handles had definatly shrank, legs toned up & you could really see the difference in my arms. Most pools do aqua aerobics ive been told that is brilliant too haven't done it yet though & you don't have to know how to swim to do it :wv
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
Davina McCall's DVD is great for toning too....
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
how do ya tone up armpit fat? Am slim, but have big boobs.Hate that crease! Any help?
SparkleX Posts: 1057
[quote="Little Miss Chatterbox":3ozzjkqh]Davina McCall's DVD is great for toning too....[/quote:3ozzjkqh] I second this...its great!