Help!!! Walking down the aisle

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

deda Posts: 1220
Girls...help me. How will I stop myself from crying and I'm not talking just one glistening tear down my cheek, I'm talking full blown bawling down the aisle. All my family are very emotional, we cry at anything. Anyone any hints or tips on how I can detach myself from the situation
Mrspiggytobe Posts: 281
Rescue remedy.... Look at your h2b and focus on him & only him, never mind the crying i think i will sh*t myself with nerves when i see everyone i know looking at me!! Think we all just need to focus, remember the make-up and if all else fails bite the h*ll outta the inside of your mouth!!! Good luck :thnk
mrs.ebayqueen Posts: 2483
this is going to sound very strange but i have a plan. i will think that i am an actress in a movie being shot. director is watching and we have one take as the light is fading. Cue: Bride enters and walks slowly down the aisle not being too serious, not crying and not too overly excited . no cheshire cat grin she is beauty , grace and elegance as she walks to greet her intended if i disassociate myself from it i will be a little more confident
deda Posts: 1220
Thanks keep the suggestions coming...so wish I wasn't so fricken emotional.
Mrspiggytobe Posts: 281
[quote="EbayQueen":2u4dmoh5]this is going to sound very strange but i have a plan. i will think that i am an actress in a movie being shot. director is watching and we have one take as the light is fading. Cue: Bride enters and walks slowly down the aisle not being too serious, not crying and not too overly excited . no cheshire cat grin she is beauty , grace and elegance as she walks to greet her intended if i disassociate myself from it i will be a little more confident[/quote:2u4dmoh5] :o0 I love it! Sorry not laughing at you, just with you, think that's brill idea!
mrs.ebayqueen Posts: 2483
its the only plan i have so im sticking with. dont want to have a glass of champagne beforehand as it will end up being the entire bottle. :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
I dont know what im going to do. Champagne will calm the nerves and shakes but will ensure the tears come quicker. I know im going to be a wreck, already warned my Dad to mind me coming down the aisle!!
dancingfeet Posts: 826
I'm going to be a wreck my make up will be a miss from the moment i put my son in his little suit. I was sobbing when my sister got married.
maggiev Posts: 74
A friend of mine got married last year and I honestly thought she'd be crying for the whole thing. Her sister and mother and her bawled their eyes out everytime she tried on the dress, she said they were disgraceful. Not one tear on the day from her, I actually cried at the speeches and im the cold hearted one cos i didnt cry at Titanic all those years ago. So my advice is try not worry about it, have a good cry before the make up goes on and say to yourself that thats the only time you can have a good cry because there are going to be cameras on you for most of the day. In saying all that Im not a bawler but i bet ill be destroyed in mascara streaks :o0
MrsPixie Posts: 130
Don't be worrying about it at all. I cried my eyes out and in a weird way I'm glad I did. I couldn't have been happier and seeing all my friends and family and my fiance waiting for me at the top of the aisle was amazing. I went between crying and laughing and smiling. Don't worry you won't stay crying for the day or anything. I actually think it looks strange when brides don't show any emotion at all.