Help - will dress fit for wedding today!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

05bride Posts: 314
Help - I'm going to a wedding today and last night I tried on the dress I was planning to wear and it was visibly tight accross my rib cage. I looked uncomfortable in it. I'm only 10 weeks pregnant and so far don't seem to have put on any weight apart from my boobs. Anyway I was really disappointed but resolved to wear another dress today. The thing is this morning, I said I'd try on the dress again and now it fits perfectly!! Very strange. Has anyone experienced getting bigger late in the evening this early on. Now I don't know what to do, I want to wear this dress but am afraid that it will be tight on me by this evening and it simply is not an option to ease back on the food for the day :o0 I just cannot understand how there could be such a difference between morning and evening. Mind you I was quite sick yesterday and didn't eat all that much so maybe lost some weight. Plus it was my first time trying it on since getting it dry cleaned - would that have made it slightly tight? I'm hoping it might have loosened out from all the trying on but the dress is lined and not material that would have much give in it so I think I might be fooling myself! Your opinions would be really welcome - many thanks.
Pumpernickle Posts: 206
I know I feel a bit more bloated as the day goes on and especially after I've eaten. If I were in your situation I'd wear the dress but bring the other one in the car just incase you need to change later on after the meal :wv Enjoy!
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Yeah I get much bigger as the day goes on. Trousers that fir me in the morning for work are too tight later on. I was BM a few weeks ago and by the end of the night I felt like I was taped in to it . Make sure the dress still looks good later on in the evening if you can (like later tonight) espc if you are only ten weeks and not telling people yet. Bit of a giveaway!
justwaitin Posts: 2462
its probably too late but bloating in the evening is a very common in early pregnancy, when im in my pjs i like very pg.
05bride Posts: 314
Girls - thanks for the replies. I lost my internet access on Friday so could not read or reply. It all worked out fine, I wore the other dress and was glad I did as at least I could eat without worrying about bursting a zip :eek thanks for the advise - hope your all doing well