Help with "big boys room" upstairs.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kittenheart Posts: 1488
Hi all, I was going to put this in House & Home but I said I might get more responses here. We are lucky enough to have a huge space upstairs which is being converted to a den for H2b. We have been collecting stuff for it since before we moved into the house so we have quite a lot of stuff. He has the pool table, dart board etc. What kind of colour should I paint it. I have lots of creams and reds downstairs so that's out and he said he'll murder me if he finds a trace of pink up there as it's a "lads room" which makes me laugh as I'm doing all the work. I need to make a decision on this today as a friend is getting the paint for us at a discount. Bear in mind that there is a lot of light up there, with 4 big velux's and a huge window in the front so we could afford to go with a darker colour. Also it's nearly 1000sqft up there so I would have to have 2 or more colours to break up the space a bit. I was thinking of a grape colour or something, what do ye think girls I'm in dire straits, I'm sick of getting testers and none of them are nice. Thanks in advance.
gogogirl Posts: 1071
what about a pale green/grey colour? it goes really well with a pale stone colour too.
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
we have a games room and hubby has it done in his team colour which is red cos its liverpool... how about something like that?? Maybe you could have an accent wall in a darl colour and the rest of it a light coulour so its not taking away from the space you have? Also in hubbys games room he has posters, not childish ones, he has muhammad ali and a few others.... its really cool looking and gives a kinda relaxing but party atmosphere to the room
wooby Posts: 685
i'd say his room he can paint it!! :wv don't worry yourself about it... so ...which room did you get.. Please dont say the kitchen :o(
wowee Posts: 1596
If you get a lot of light up there, what about a nice forest gree/ navy combo or a few different shades of grey. Why not paint it bright yellow and see what he says >:o)
clucky Posts: 26471
im not allowed decorate our game room he wants it in green and white stripes a lá Celtic i think it will look yuck
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
I like the idea of a cream colour with either a grape or a mocha colour with it.
wowee Posts: 1596
Wouldn't be my choice either Clucky :-8 Still, if it's what he wants....just make sure he does all the work to get it that way >:o)
honeybunch Posts: 1218
What about a duck egg blue all round and brown on one wall?
*seahorse Posts: 1122
XmasLove - we converted our attic last year for out little fella & because of the windows & it being so light I painted it Navy. Everyone thought I was mad but it's gorgeous, really classy & boyish, everyone comments on it & a couple of our neighbours have since done it (Keeping up with the seahorses!!)