Help with Christmas party

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Santa Posts: 1191
Hey There- I'm having freinds round 4 a wee xmas shindig on Sat and as its my 1st time as a mrs I'd like to do something special-do's anybody have any ideas pleassee make me look b8r than Nigella :o0
Senorita Posts: 3413
Hi there :wv Can't help with the Nigella bit, but my advice is, do something that can be prepared ahead of time, like a beef bourguignon, lasagne, fajitas (cook the filling) or luxury fish pie (Jamie O's is lovely). The less you have to do on the night, the better O-O
Thanks Senorita - will look up a few of those recipes - any thoughts as 2 games was going to get that bop it thing for 2 get things going (personally am partial 2 charades but think dh would kill me if i suggested that :o0 )
Cork Oct 08 Posts: 749
I have friends over alot, with the saving for the wedding and everything w don't go out. You can buy a game called Taboo and it is just so much fun, aswell there are so many dvd interactive quizes as well that after a wine or 3 peoples answer just get funnier and funnier. Make sure you have crisps and dips for later on and some peanuts...nibbly things to help soak up the alcohol.
newkid30 Posts: 2233
[quote="Santa":3r6qq5tq]Thanks Senorita - will look up a few of those recipes - any thoughts as 2 games was going to get that bop it thing for 2 get things going (personally am partial 2 charades but think dh would kill me if i suggested that :o0 )[/quote:3r6qq5tq] I bought the charades game in MnS last christmas, it was the best thing I ever bought, I think it cost €7 and when other people have parties now they ask us to bring it over, such a laugh! I had it down home last christmas too and we even had my parents palying. Marks have nother game called who am i, there's like 4 hints as to the identity of a celebrity, good fun, with everyone trying to guess, again it was so cheap! Jenga can be good too, at the start. Apart from that some good music. For food, small potato cakes, with smoked salmon and creme fraiche. cocktail sausages. mini bruschetta with red onion/tomato/basil topping. mixed olives melon wrapped in parma ham. prawns with spciy dip It can be nice too do do up a couple of jugs of martinis to give eveeryone when they arrive, to break the ice, and get them in the mood.
thanks new kid - was gonna call into m&s anyhew cos they have these delicious little puff things - also deffo a nice jug of refreshing booze gr8 idea- but do u know if mulled wine is nice?