Help with dresses

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonannie Posts: 8
Hello, I have gone anon for this as I think some Wollies know me and I would like to keep a surprise element! Originally I budgetted €1,000, but would have prob seen myself spending up to €1,500. Went dress shopping a found 2 dresses. Dress 1 is fab, can't stop thinking about it, I feel very elegant in it and I know my HTB will love it. No-one cried but that's what we are like, my mam said its fabulous and she is very hard to please. I think it might be the one. It costs €2,300. Dress 2 was lovely, held its own against the first one, but I did slightly prefer the first one. Mam etc thought it was lovely. It is very much like the dresses I have been looking at in magazines etc. This dress costs €540. The huge difference in price is making the decision very hard! At that those prices the decision should be a no-brainer. If both dresses were similarly priced I probably would go for the first one. While I didn't intend spending that much on a dress I could afford it. All advice welcome please.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Do you want to post pictures of the dresses without telling us which cost more? Its hard to know what advice to give you - its a bit of a "go with your heart or go with your head" decision. If you really prefer the more expensive one and can afford it then go with your heart but if there isn't much between them and the second dress is just as nice then go with your head and save the money. I suppose at the end of the day we all only wear theses dresses once - think how you'd feel after the wedding - would you rather have an extra €1,760 in your bank account or have worn a dress you slightly prefer?
grazia Posts: 740
[quote="Anonannie":4963odli]Hello, I have gone anon for this as I think some Wollies know me and I would like to keep a surprise element! Originally I budgetted €1,000, but would have prob seen myself spending up to €1,500. Went dress shopping a found 2 dresses. Dress 1 is fab, can't stop thinking about it, I feel very elegant in it and I know my HTB will love it. No-one cried but that's what we are like, my mam said its fabulous and she is very hard to please. I think it might be the one. It costs €2,300. Dress 2 was lovely, held its own against the first one, but I did [b:4963odli]slightly prefer[/b:4963odli] the first one. Mam etc thought it was lovely. It is very much like the dresses I have been looking at in magazines etc. This dress costs €540. The huge difference in price is making the decision very hard! At that those prices the decision should be a no-brainer. If both dresses were similarly priced I[b:4963odli] probably [/b:4963odli]would go for the first one. While I didn't intend spending that much on a dress I could afford it. All advice welcome please.[/quote:4963odli] Honestly if you only slightly prefer the more expensvive one I would go with the cheaper one. There's a massive differnece in price and think of all the other things you could spend it on! My final chouce came down to 2 & i went with the more expensive one (by a grand) but I & my mum truely preferred the more expesive one so I went with it.
Bellisima Posts: 3583
I think my advice would be to go with your heart. Maybe as SSF suggests you could post pics and do a poll?
buddylove Posts: 3288
Agree that a poll without telling us would be interesting but I think it depends are you firm on the budget first as if E1k is your max then I would go with the E540 one but if you can afford it without having to put yourself under pressure and also not have to compromise other things in the wedding for it and your heart is telling you go with it then thats fine too.
Good idea bout pics, don't know why I didn't think of it!! I've never posted pics before so hopefully they work. I think a poll is beyond my abilities!
grazia Posts: 740
both gorgeous but i prefer the 2nd one, love the high neck and the fabric looks devine, like raw silk. hmm i bet thats the more expensive one.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Both fab but I agree with grazia - I prefer the second one, which looks like its the most expensive! Good luck choosing!
bigjt11 Posts: 170
The second one looks more expensive, but i prefer the style of the first one.
Thanks for the opinions girls....keep 'em coming!