Help with honeymoon

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

RainbowBrite Posts: 646
Hi all, need some help please, haven't started thinking of a honeymoon yet, could anyone give suggestions please!!!! About 10 days would be enough, thanks all!
Bree Van De Kamp Posts: 1275
Hi RainbowBrite, Can you tell us when you are getting married? That will give us a better idea of what places to recommend weatherwise for that time of year.
RainbowBrite Posts: 646
23rd August thanks for the quick reply!
Bree Van De Kamp Posts: 1275
I got this off the Knot, hope it helps. Knot Note: Remember that this is a guide to when different destinations traditionally experience the most ideal weather of the year. The months immediately preceding and succeeding a destination's prime time are often called "shoulder" seasons, and usually have good weather as well. Other destinations, such as the Caribbean and Hawaii, are temperate year-round, but particularly incredible at the times listed below. July and August Bermuda, Brazil, Britain, Canada, Central and South Africa, Czech Republic, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Ireland, Kenya, Madagascar, Malaysia, Seychelles, Thailand, U.S. (Alaska, Northeast) September Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Britain, Canada, Central and South Africa, Czech Republic, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Spain, Thailand, U.S.
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
if you dont want to go further afield the likes of italy and croatia are lovely at that time of the year - have you any idea as whether you want to go long haul or not - or what type of break you would be looking for ie - city, beach, activity etc?
Mrs DD Posts: 177
Hey there - you're the day after me - I'm getting married Aug 22nd. We're also thinking about honeymoon. Went into an agents and were getting v excited about Maldives and Dubai. Then came home and researched them and find out that Maldives is actually ruled by dictatorship and some bad stuff going on over there in parts so that's kind of put us off now. May look at mauritius... Would also like Canada, but it's got no beach so that's the only bad thing there.
Biancee fiancee Posts: 907
i was thinking maldives also!! frigg didnt know bout the bad stuff... thanks for info :thnk
Huggles Posts: 1108
Mauritius is gorgeous! We went for ten days and it was perfect. Plus, I think you'll get a very good price for Mauritius around then too. Definitely worth a look into. Best of luck :wv
tags Posts: 544
What about the States - Chicago is a great city for shopping and then you could fly to Boston and drive to Cape Cod (only an hour away) to do activity and beach stuff. I went for over a week at the end of August one year and the weather was perfect!
mtv Posts: 935
we are going to italy.