Help with order of service.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

summer09 Posts: 807
Hi Guys, I am in the process of doing my order of service (not the full mass booklet) Can anyone tell me the order of what happens during the ceremany? As I am just having the headings x Like .... Lighting for candels 1st reading so on and so forth....... I really don't wat to get it wrong :-8
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
hi summer09 - just rushing out the door now but if no-one has sent it onto you before I get back this afternoon I'll send it to you then *) Siobhan
Toblerone Posts: 2698
well i'm literally just finished printing off mine so here's what we have. Introductory Rite Lighting of Candles Penitential Rite Opening Prayer First Reading Responsorial Psalm Second Reading Gospel Reading Rite of Marriage Declaration of consent Blessing and exchange of rings Exchange of gifts (optional) Prayer of newly married couple (we're leaving this out!) Prayers of the Faithful Offertory and prayers over gifts Liturgy of the eucharist Eucharist Prayer Communion Rite Nuptial blessing prayer after communiion Concluding rite Final blessing HTH :wv
Thanks so much, Is prayer after communion also called the reflection? Did you include all the headings in your order of service?
Toblerone Posts: 2698
well we don't have a reflection so if you ahve a something you want read best to call it Reflection. I have all the headings in mine. Do you want me to send on booklet? If so pm email address. :wv
Ah thanks just pmed u :thnk