help with stupid Q's i should know the answers to by now

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dexavia Posts: 242
what happens when i get to the top of the aisle??? What side of the Aisle do i walk down, should i be on H2B's side until i get to the top and my dad sits down? Who puts my veil behind my head? Should H2B greet me with a little kiss ont he cheek? Please help wolies, i really should know these things by now!
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
ok What side of the Aisle do i walk down, should i be on H2B's side until i get to the top and my dad sits down? [i:3s89ujs4]I walked down on the left my father on the right [/i:3s89ujs4] Who puts my veil behind my head?[i:3s89ujs4]your H"B should do this[/i:3s89ujs4] Should H2B greet me with a little kiss ont he cheek? [i:3s89ujs4]your father will "hand you over" to him firstly they will shake hands and then your father will put your hand in his and you will give your dad a kiss , then give your h2b a kiss [/i:3s89ujs4] dont worry about all of this, the priest goes through all the of this in the rehearsal with you !
alf Posts: 219
Hey, I've read mixed reviews on the what side to walk up..... everyone seems to be different so maybe ask the priest when you do your rehearsal... some say walk up on your parents side then get handed over to your h2b's side but i've seem alot of brides walking up on there h2b's side as it's prob easier for your dad to sit down and he won't get in the way of u at the alter....it's basically up to you, whichever way your most comfortable .... :o)ll :o)ll As with the veil, isn't it usually your father who puts it over your head before he hands you over ( I could be wrong on this so don't shoot me ) and then your h2b can give u a kiss if you wish. HTH... :yelrotflmaosmilie:
thanks girls - didn't even think of this myself, he had to ask me this morning and i hadn't a clue of the answers. Had to tell him i'd ask ye lot!
pudlow Posts: 343
Dont worry about these things - on my wedding day, I walked up on Daddy's left hand side. I had to get my sister to put my veil back for me - daddy didnt want me wearing it over my face!! And I had to tell my husband to got out of the seat!! so there was no pecks on the cheek there. Then during the vows he said I take you as my Hus...wife. Very romantic altogether!!
ah no, pudlow! we're doing the easy vows - priest reads adn we say i do!