Menu

Help with venue- Carlow/Kildare

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marybee33 Posts: 15
Hi Girls I are presently trying to decide on wedding venue, getting married in Carlow. Looked at Carlton Millrace in Bunclody/ Carlton Abbey in Athy/ KIllerig Golf resort/Osprey in Naas. Havent attended a weddign in any of these hotels so am a bit concerned re quality of food and service at a wedding. would really appreciate any feedback if anyone has looked/booked/ attended a wedding at any of these hotels or suggestions for other hotels worth a look *)
Mrs B 2012 Posts: 47
Hi, Im getting married in The Osprey next year....and I have also been to a wedding there....the food and service was exceptional at the wedding and that was part of the reason why we went for The Osprey....Lorraine is the new wedding co-ordinator in the hotel and she is brillaint to deal with and offering amazing deals - you should just book an appointment with her and see what you think yourself - p.s you have to check out the wedding suite...they have 2 available - 2 floors , marble bath-tub, outdoor hot-tub - and you get it for 2 nights!!! :lvs :lvs Hope it all works out for you and any other questions just give me a shout!:) Mrs B :)
daisy2012 Posts: 619
We looked at the Killerig for our wedding - Ivanna is the wedding co-ordinator and she is lovely. We had lunch down there and the food was really good. Didn't book it for a few reasons though - the function room is a bit dark, the smoking area is a good bit away from the fucntion room (lots of smoking guests gggrrrr) and it was further from home than we originally thought. Its well worth a look though, their packages are very good and I got the impression very open to negotiation. Im sorry I don't know anything about the Carltons! If you haven't looked at it, the Step House Hotel in Carlow is absolutely gorgeous - the fucntion room is the nicest I've seen and the there are lovely gardens. The chef is ex-chapter one and the food is second to none. Bit pricier.