help with wording of memory candle part of mass

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Hi all, Just doing up last bit of Mass booklet and basically at the start of Mass when we light our own separate candles, H2B will also light one in memory of his dad who passed away 2 years ago. We just want to put a line saying - A candle will be lit in memory of X's Dad Y and stuck here. Basically we want to say something that he'll be missed/in our hearts etc today but at same time want to keep it brief as don't want to start the mass with anyone upset! Hope that all makes sense but have been trying to word it all evening and have thought so much about it nothing I say makes sense to me! Any help would be greatly appreciated! :thnk
happy angel Posts: 928
hi look up kissane candles even ring them they have beautiful wording for rememberance candle best luck
excitementcity Posts: 1007
This is what we used: A candle burns on the altar in fond remembrance of xx's dad xx who passed away in xxx date. " For those we have loved and lost along the way, A flame to remember them burns here today, For the laughter, smiles and memories remain, Together, today their memory sustains, Never forgotten, and loved evermore, Today, their blessings, flicker and soar"
mrsmaybride2010 Posts: 843
hi there we had this in our booklets In Loving Memory of those who could not be with us to share our special day. For those we have loved and lost along the way, A flame to remember them burns here today. For the laughter, smiles and memories remain, Together today their presence sustains. Never forgotten and loved forever more, Today their blessings flicker and soar. and on the memorial candle we had the following Although we can’t see you We know you are here Smiling down Watching over us As we say “I Do” Forever in our hearts Forever in our lives And so we say our vows In loving memory of you we had the names and dates underneath.