Hen Night hassle over who to invite

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

loveofmylife Posts: 254
x
puddin2 Posts: 1093
I would just invite everyone to be honest. You will have a great time either way.
Sharlo Posts: 127
I wouldn't have invited her either if ye aren't that friendly. however if some people are gettin their knickers in a twist I would invite her to keep the peace. Unless it was someone I didn't like and didn't want there. I wouldn't be bothered about extra people coming along to my hen so thats why I would invite her if it were me.
candlequeen Posts: 991
I'd be inclined to ask her, if she doesn't really know you she might not even come, but nobody can say you left anyone out. I hate situations like this, I've been in similar before (not hen nights, but birthdays etc) - ask her anyway, if all comes to all you might not even have to spend time with her that night, you can let her sit with the people she knows and enjoy yourself with your friends. x
Livinginhope Posts: 421
[quote="PT2012":4uhfmzt9]I would just invite everyone to be honest. You will have a great time either way.[/quote:4uhfmzt9] +1 The more the merrier.
Carriedaway Posts: 1863
I would just invite her, i would never leave anyone out I would take offence
Sexilexi Posts: 142
It's ur hen night don't listen to anyone else. My hens is just my friend s n sis n cousins. I'm not inviting sis in law as we never go out normally and I don't particularly want to be worrying if she's enjoying herself. I'll have a hens at home and everyone will be invited to that x :eek
excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
I think I would have asked her, if she doesn't really know you she might not even come, but nobody can say you left anyone out.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
This is a tough one cos normally I'd say invite who you like and the hen is generally like 15-20 of the bride's friends and sisters, it's not for the whole wedding guest list so it doesn't have to be everybody. BUT it sounds like this girl Michelle will be the ONLY one of your sister-in-law's not invited? Hmmmm...I think I'd invite her then. It DOES look very pointed if she's the only one left out. Even if you don't mean it to be and even if she's not really expecting an invitation. Just....say if she's talking to any of the others, not even about thew edding, just about anything and it comes up about the hen? 'Oh yeah Mary and Lisa and Mags and Jenny are all staying in mine for the hen night on the 25th, do you want to stay too?' and Michelle goes 'What hen?' In this case if it's just that one girl, I'd invite her. Chances are she'll say no if you don't really know her but it might just keep things nice and calm and peaceful, you know?
loveofmylife Posts: 254
x