Hen party

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

katie3 Posts: 40
Does the bride have anything to do with organising the hen party??
cond2b Posts: 58
Not much usually as far as I'm aware but I have told my bm pretty much exactly what I want. I think it is best to have some input so that it'll be the kind of hen party you want and not something you might be uncomfortable with.
esla2016 Posts: 214
Not with the organisation but I think most brides set ground rules (this can be no strippers/bunny ears etc or can be things setting a max price / not going abroad as they know some of their friends wouldn't be able to go on an expensive hen). Also the invite list!
craftyPB Posts: 2625
I organised the majority of mine. I found the accommodation and dealt with booking it, my sister organised invites and replies, I organised one of the activities, said where I wanted to go for dinner, my sister organised the second activity and all the games and surprises. I wanted to be involved in it all as I wanted to make sure it was exactly the hen party I had dreamed of (I'm not into L plates, nightclubs, penis straws etc!) I'd say it's up to you how much involvement you want to have in the planning of it all.
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
I picked the weekend & the location, that was it. So it really depends on how much the bride wants to be involved, planning the wedding was stressful enough I couldn't deal with a hen party too.
PixieH Posts: 80
I'm been left in the dark for my hen :ooh I got to choose the weekend, gave the names of who I would like to invite and I gave my list of rules. The rest is up to my bridesmaids :eek :eek :eek
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Mine was a total surprise but I trusted my BMs & they didn't let me down! I gave a list of people to invite, that was it. Do whatever you feel comfortable with, if you want lots if input that's 100% fine too, they can still plan some small (harmless!) surprises.
tessydoo Posts: 41
My hen party is in 3 weeks, I gave a list of names, and a date. When asked bout likes dislikes just answered the girls questions. I don't really know what kind of hen I want so whatever has been arranged will be brilliant. It's upto you, but being in the dark has made it one less thing to think or worry about for me personally. xx