Hen Party

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bella121 Posts: 2
Hi All, My bridesmaids have asked where I would like to go on my hen. I am from Dublin area and would like to go somewhere not too far away as I only want a 1 night hen. Does anyone have recommendations where is the best place to go? I was thinking Mullingar, Carlow? Does anyone have any experiences in these places. Thanks
20thMay2017 Posts: 153
You could head the other way...Carlingford in Co. Louth is just lovely and great for a hen or stag!
CasualBride Posts: 574
I'd have to say that Carlow wasn't the best place I've been to for a hen. I haven't been on one in Mullingar but I know it's a lively spot for a night out. Is Carrick-on-Shannon still a hotbed for hens and stags? It was brilliant there a few years ago anyway but maybe it's too cliche at this stage!
MissyM67 Posts: 337
Yeah i would 2nd Carlingford! There's an adventure centre there, lovely houses you can rent and a village with some pubs which is pretty much all you need :)
Bella121 Posts: 2
a lot of my friends and my sister had her hen in Carlingford, so looking for somewhere else.. Leaning towards Mullingar but wonder if it is a good spot on a Saturday night out?
meemee Posts: 121
We've booked Athlone for mine. Originally planned on Carlingford but it was hard to find somewhere to stay for number of people we were having & a lot of places had booked out already.
janeanna Posts: 1
Sorry I am late to the conversation, Carlow is great for hen parties. Carlingford has been growing in popularity too over the last few years, it can be very busy. We tried organising one lately and were we looked was booked. We ended up booking in Warrenpoint, Its the northern part of Carlingford Lough and it definitely has more restaurants and pubs, was a great weekend and not too expensive.
SineadRyan Posts: 2
Hi All, Just looking at ideas for a hen party for my friend - We were thinking about going to one of the masterclasses , fashion days? Has anyone gone to them? :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
Shelly321 Posts: 96
What's the average cost of a one night hens? If you got a package to include activity, transport, food etc
Linda12 Posts: 1
Hey, I was thinking of bringing my bridesmaids to one of the fashion, beauty , wedding days out..Only noticed that Pippa is finished today for a few months , has anyone been to Jenny Mc Carthy's Wedding day - she has one this month ? :action31