Hens in Blackpool??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

serenity Posts: 3675
Hi girlies, My H2B just booked his stags this week.... We are hoping to go the same weekend and Blackpool has been brought up a few times... I am wondering if anyone has been there and is it any good for a hens / girls weekend...?? Any help would be greatly received!!! :thnk
Nobody been to Blackpool at all or heard of anyone??? O:| O:| O:|
mummy bear Posts: 3824
I was there last year on a hens, didnt like it to be honest with you. ill pm you
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Havent been but it probably wouldnt be my first choice.....sorry :-8 Reminds me of Corrie too much
Diddlydee Posts: 190
Hi I was on a hen there 2 years ago. Blackpool is one of the tackiest places Ive ever been but we had a ball. You could dress up any way you wanted, never had to worry about boucers with big egos or niteclubs with ridiculous dress codes We met lots of other hens and stags there too. It all depends what you're in to really.....but we had a blast and to be honest I thought Id hate it
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
Blackpool is a kip...sorry! Not my type of place but depends what you are into I was only there for a day and would not go back, would be afraid to see at nightime to be honest
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
DH went on his stag there last year and well he was so disappointment. He had been there about 8 years ago for a weekend and loved it had a great time but said it has gone very rough. I would think about Manchester or liverpool if I were you if your thinking the uk. Edinburgh would be a better choice.
torribride Posts: 884
Blackpool is a dirty tacky horrible dump. I second liverpool was there on a hens a few months ago...it's great!
Hi girls, Yeah have been to Liverpool SOOOOO Many times and on so many hens that Blackpool was suggested.... I know it's tack heaven!!! But sure so are hen parties really!!! I just want a weekend with all my friends where I can totally let my hair down and go somewhere where I know there will be no problems with ALL of us getting in somewhere... I'm sick of bouncers not letting a member of a gang in JUST BECAUSE! A friend of my friends was there a few weeks ago and she said it was fantastic for a hens night but that it is a bit of a kip and that you cannot go with your hopes too high. To be honest, not mad on Edinburgh - very studenty.... and I just wanted to go somewhere different.... H2B is going to Newcastle same weekend... I guess I will just have to wait and see, but thanks for all your thoughts...
sandy13 Posts: 939
hi serenity, iv been to blackpool a few times and even tho it is tacky, its a great place to go out in and have fun and see things that you would never see like the gay seen its brill. for a fun night, im going there on my hen on the 19th of october and i cant wait there's about 25 of us heading, my cousion is gay and owns his own hotel over there so thats were staying, my advice to you is go if your up for a great weekend to let you hair down thats the place to be. Sandy :wv