herbal teas for a clear, glowing complexion?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

preghopes Posts: 468
Any ideas? Drinking Nettle tea at the min as hear its a good detox for the blood. Are there any from your experience that I should drink to feel and look good?
ZeldaToo Posts: 553
I think Green Tea is supposed to be good for detoxing too. I've just started drinking it in the last few days so I can't recommend it yet, but it tastes better than I thought it would. Not sure if this counts as herbal though :-8
Laila K Posts: 593
I have green tea with peppermint but not too keen on green tea, its the easiest one to drink though
cuteybride Posts: 213
Love green tea. Not sure about complextion but I can feel the benefits of it alright P.S Just made it to mini wolly with that post woo hoo
AliceCullen Posts: 1408
I've been drinking green tea for the last 4 months-ish and I love it. I have seen an improvement in my skin lately but I've been eating a bit healthier and exercising more so it's probably a conbination of each that's making me feel and look that bit healthier. I figure the green tea can't be bad for me anyway so I'm going to stick with it :)
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Chamomile tea is very good for calming down sensitive skin (and helping you sleep as well!) But I find generally that if I make a conscious effort to drink a lot of water / herbal teas during the day my skin looks brighter and clearer - I think it's the fact of being hydrated moreso than the tea itself that makes the difference, if that makes sense? Just a note about Green Tea - it does have caffeine in it, it's the same type of tea leaves as black tea, it's just dried in a different way. So if you're trying to cut out caffeine, that's not the way to go.
ZeldaToo Posts: 553
[quote="cabbagehead":82sgvt0o]Just a note about Green Tea - it does have caffeine in it, it's the same type of tea leaves as black tea, it's just dried in a different way. So if you're trying to cut out caffeine, that's not the way to go.[/quote:82sgvt0o] Ooooo blimey I never realised this! And there's me having decaf tea normally :o0. Thanks cabbagehead for the heads up! Back to the drawing board :o(
gagamama Posts: 204
I've been drinking herbal teas for ten years and love them. Green tea is packed with super anti-oxidants. Pukka do a great range of really nice teas,available in health food shops.I highly recommend their 'detox' tea and 'cleanse' tea.I drink them both every day,usually alternating between them.Only have one though, otherwise you'll end up on the loo big time :-8 You should aim to drink maybe a green tea and another of your choice every day,cut out coffee and drink loads of water. :)
gagamama Posts: 204
[quote="PrincessSolitaire":3vg3j3zo][quote="cabbagehead":3vg3j3zo]Just a note about Green Tea - it does have caffeine in it, it's the same type of tea leaves as black tea, it's just dried in a different way. So if you're trying to cut out caffeine, that's not the way to go.[/quote:3vg3j3zo] Ooooo blimey I never realised this! And there's me having decaf tea normally :o0. Thanks cabbagehead for the heads up! Back to the drawing board :o([/quote:3vg3j3zo] Green tea has caffine, but a much smaller amount.It also has a much higher concentration of anti-oxidants than regular tea :)
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
I have been drinking green and herbal tea's for few years now and they do work.. the best, cheapest and tastes the best are from Aldi ... you get 40 or 80 for 2 euro ....